CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Another soft door/trunk PSE problem help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013 | 05:27 PM

Piece of SH*T
Another soft door/trunk PSE problem help?

Haven't been on here in a while since I had my CLK but you will probably find me here lurking a little more often as I just picked up a 01' CL55 as a DD, a deal I couldn't pass up.

I'm sure this problem has been discussed plenty of times and I'm sure you or someone you know that has dealt with the soft closing door/trunk problems in the past and if you had to ask yes I've searched but only could come to a conclusion that it could be a leak from the pse pump, valve block, lines, plastic diaphragm in the doors, etc etc..

My problem here is that when I close the door on either passenger or driver side I hear a hissing noise for about 3-4 seconds but does not suction in as it's suppose to, then it stops hissing. All locks work with the key fob and mechanical key. As for the trunk, if I hit the trunk button on the key fob or press the button on the door panel for the trunk release it will just make a hissing noise but will not unlock so I will have to open it with the actual key itself. BUT when I do open the trunk and close it, the soft close feature however works and suctions in.

I have pulled and inspected all fuses below the rear passenger seat & and under the hood on both driver and passenger side to find no blown fuses. I have not disconnected the battery or checked the actual pump itself or valve block and lines for any leaks. I would like to ask you fellow members before I start to dig in deeper what I should actually be looking for and what I should or should not do/remove.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make this post very clear of what is actually going on and hopefully this thread could help another fellow member out if this situation ever occurs again. I appreciate any feedback and help thanks!
Old 12-03-2013 | 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

2003 CL55 AMG
You didn't search too well as this has been discussed ad nauseam :-)

If you hear this hiss, your pneumatic door lock units have broken plastic caps.

Three options.

#1 Buy new door lock units for $600+ each and have them installed (pain in the *** by the way)

or

#2 grab some aftermarket reproduction caps here:

http://www.cart.com.au/mono-global/view/2606/93594593/

or

#3 Remove your door panel and see if you can epoxy your broken units back together in order to hold air in the diaphragm.

Your trunk has the same issue. Same options as above (Buy new trunk locking unit, replace broken part with repro kit - see below, or try to epoxy you broken piece)

http://www.cart.com.au/mono-global/view/2606/93594562/

Last edited by awiner; 12-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2013 | 02:51 AM

Piece of SH*T
Originally Posted by awiner
You didn't search too well as this has been discussed ad nauseam :-)

If you hear this hiss, your pneumatic door lock units have broken plastic caps.

Three options.

#1 Buy new door lock units for $600+ each and have them installed (pain in the *** by the way)

or

#2 grab some aftermarket reproduction caps here:

http://www.cart.com.au/mono-global/view/2606/93594593/

or

#3 Remove your door panel and see if you can epoxy your broken units back together in order to hold air in the diaphragm.

Your trunk has the same issue. Same options as above (Buy new trunk locking unit, replace broken part with repro kit - see below, or try to epoxy you broken piece)

http://www.cart.com.au/mono-global/view/2606/93594562/
You're right I probably didn't search hard enough but I was on the right path? . Thanks for the quick response, guess I'll try step #3 then work my way up to #1 if all fails. However I did notice you were on almost every thread about the CL W215 body and answered all problems/questions very well. I appreciate it maybe next time I'll just PM you instead
Old 12-04-2013 | 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

2003 CL55 AMG
I have had my 2003 CL55 since 12/2002 - Before that I had a 2001 CL55. Over a decade of ownership and use. So I have seen just about everything that can go wrong either personally or in the forums.

Feel free to PM anytime.