CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

ABC - Stop Car To low

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
ABC - Stop Car To low

I have CL500 - 2001. Sometime in the morning the left side is dropped and when I start the car "ABC - Stop Car To low" appears. When I push the lift button car, the car is getting in normal condition and the error disappears. Also car is leaking and I often add the oil. I was in MB center they made the diagnostic and told me that the ABC pump is working good, just the left front Suspension is damaged and the leaking is from there.

Does anyone had the same issue? If I change the Suspension the problem will be fixed?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
CL600 2003
It should fix the current problem, don't drive the car with leaking abc fluid, if the pump runs out of fluid it will be damaged in seconds, replacing an ABC pump is very very expensive.

Usually leaks are from hoses or struts, the dealer probably diagnosed the right part to replace, get it done by the dealer or any other VERY good Mercedes mechanic, just don't use the car until its fixed.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
Thank you for your reply and for the recommendation! I am driving almost one month with that issue, so now I will stop the car before I fix the issue. Do you think that the ABC pump could be damaged? As usually when I push the button the car is getting in normal position. I think the ABC is working, also one month ago in MB center I made the diagnostic and it was in perfect condition
Old 12-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
As long as you haven't run the pump reservoir empty the pump should be fine. If the pump sucks air it basically grenades itself very quickly.