CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Coil Pack and Plugs...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 CL600
Coil Pack and Plugs...

My car started misfiring under load the other day. I got codes for random misfire and misfires on #8 and 9 cylinders. I was able to diagnose it as the left (driver's side) coil pack mainly due to all the helpful information on this site. Thanks to all who contribute! Anyway, I replaced the coil pack and installed new plugs today. The job wasn't too bad...took my time and things went fairly smooth. My car is back to normal...maybe better than "normal"...might just be my imagination but it seems to run even better than it did before it started misfiring.
I purchased the coil pack and plugs from Rock Auto....got it the next day . I ordered an aftermarket brand, partly due to cost and partly due to the warranty offered on the new part. 3yrs/36,000 miles is better than Mercedes offers. When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised that it is the same exact part that was on my car albeit the updated version. I know that there are only a few true parts manufacturers out there and a lot of others that are subsidiaries of the larger true parts makers. Anyway, Temic is the maker of this coil pack, which is the same name on the Mercedes version so, I just wanted to give Rock Auto the kudos due for the low price and fast shipping and I'm sure anyone who has dealt with them knows they really do rock.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
Awesome. Now do the other 12 plugs so she will run even smoother. ��
Old 09-07-2014, 12:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 CL600
Originally Posted by Dr Matt
Awesome. Now do the other 12 plugs so she will run even smoother. ��
You know, I thought about it after I realized that the job isn't that bad but after removing the coil pack, I noticed one of the tubes had pulled loose from the main housing. I know that I gently wiggled the coil pack loose when removing it and it seemed to come off easy enough so it scares me to try to pull the other side to replace the plugs. Guess I'll wait till the other side takes a crap before I dive in again.
Beautiful car, by the way