CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Recently purchased a CL500 and I need some help/advice with it...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500
Exclamation Recently purchased a CL500 and I need some help/advice with it...

i just bought a 04 cl500 on some 20" wheels, very nice looking car but i can't get the damn thing to start.
the previous owner told me that the trans computer/module is bad and won't let the car start unless you bypass the computer, my first question is where is the trans computer?? how do i bypass it??

when i got the car it was completely dead, i hooked it up to a jump and tried cranking it and nothing.. no lights on the dash, no clicking sound from the starter, no interior lights, suspension is low, windows don't go up or down.. the dash would light up if i turned the lights on, the seats worked, steering wheel moved, doors would lock/unlock, radio works as well as the speakers.
I'm sure the suspension raises as soon as the car starts.

its an extremely nice car, i would love to figure out whats wrong with it and why all these problems are happening. i took a bit of a gamble with this car and now that i have it i would hate it to go to waste so any help from you guys is greatly appreciated. i hope i could get this beauty running asap so i can drive it. thanks!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500
Cool

when i got it the cover for the shifter was off as well as the shift knob, the shift knob is no where to be found. the panels for the seat controls were off as well, i don't know if any of this information is relevant but if it helps me out in any way that would be great,

also no cels are coming up from what i can see, but then again I'm not sure if the car is even going into "ON' position.
key turns fine and the shifter goes from "P" to "D" without any hesitation.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
You probably need a matched set of theft relevant parts (ecu, shifter , key , ignition switch ) from a junk car . Without a matched set it won't start

There are sellers on eBay selling matched sets for about $300. You need to change out all the parts or it won't work . You can't buy the parts from different cars, they all need to have come from the same car to work as they are code to only work together

Now this is the most likely problem , but not guarantee that's the only problem . There may be transmission problems or water damage to the SAM, which are also common problems

Last edited by tusabes; 09-11-2015 at 12:46 AM.