CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

abc suspension question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml500
abc suspension question

Im making a new thread since I have replaced the missing fuses and nothing. The power steering works fine on the car so I know the pump is working....but the suspension is down and does not come up. So with the fuses that were missing replaced still nothing.
Took it and no codes at all coming up, but the red light comes on the dash for the suspension.

So is there anything I can look for or try to troubleshoot since the power steering is working fine with no noise...the pump is working. Any ideas on what I should look for next to try to get it up and working
Old 02-28-2017, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
P/S pump is split, the steering side can work and the suspension side can be shot.

Have someone competent diagnose the car. It isn't something you want to start guessing at, gets really expensive really fast.

Does it have fluid in the tank?
Old 02-28-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml500
Thanks
I dont have a dealer near me where I am, closest is over 50 miles away Is there a way I can check the output of the suspension side of the pump?
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
You need the Mercedes SDS computer
It's the only thing that can test the pump and abc system

Some Independent Mercedes mechanics have it otherwise you'll need to get it towed 50 miles

There's no easy way around it

Chances are the pump is shot. As stated the power steering portion can work fine while the abc portion does not . You can buy the pump for about $250 on Rockauto if you want to throw parts at it but there's no guarantee that will fix it

Also often when pumps fail they send metal particles throughout the system and everything needs to be changed - struts hoses and valve blocks , if that happened the only reasonable alternative is to convert to steel springs

Yellow speed makes the best conversion kit at about $1000