CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Replace ABC with a coil overs on a 2001 S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 S500
Replace ABC with a coil overs on a 2001 S500

My hydraulic pump for the ABC system is leaking and not holding up the front right side...we put a re-manufactured one in and it started clicking then blew a high pressure hose off the car..(this was after being shipped the wrong pump twice)!
My mechanic and I are both over it and I just want the car back on the road...he wants to replace the system with a coil over one and eliminate any further problems with hydraulic, what do you think?

In addition the power steering never had a problem or a failure, so do you think we can use the original pump for the steering portion??
Old 04-07-2017, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by lynnbrown
My hydraulic pump for the ABC system is leaking and not holding up the front right side...we put a re-manufactured one in and it started clicking then blew a high pressure hose off the car..(this was after being shipped the wrong pump twice)!
My mechanic and I are both over it and I just want the car back on the road...he wants to replace the system with a coil over one and eliminate any further problems with hydraulic, what do you think?

In addition the power steering never had a problem or a failure, so do you think we can use the original pump for the steering portion??
yes you can use the original abc punp

the yellow speed conversion is superior to the strutmasters conversion
Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
W215 CL500 2005
To clarify, you can use the original pump for the steering...but you can't let the suspension side run dry.