CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Need Info on Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
97 Lexus LS400, 04 Mustang, 08 Corvette Z51, 92 Honda Civic Si, 02 CL500, 03 E500
Need Info on Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

Hi there, I have an 02 CL500. It's in great shape but I have a little play in my left front wheel so when the car is rolling at low speed like around a parking lot, I think I can hear a faint rumbling noise coming repeatedly from the wheel bearings every time the wheel is making a complete revolution. I've replaced both front upper & lower control arms & have also inspected all the ball joints, bushings & they're all rock solid. I plan on taking the wheel bearings apart for an inspection next & depends on the condition of the bearings, I may just repack them w/ the heavy duty wheel bearing grease. If I decide to replace the inner, outer bearings, races & seals then I'll do both sides w/ SKF bearing kits as they contain OEM bearings. Anyway, I've been looking for a "How To" procedure but couldn't find the instructions for the CL's W215. Instead, I've found the below link for the E's W210. Would like to know if it's the same or similar. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm

Last edited by superfast; 01-17-2018 at 01:18 PM.