CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Yellowspeed coil overs help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S600
Yellowspeed coil overs help

I posted a short time ago about replacing the abc with coil overs. I decided to go with yellowspeed slanted coil overs for my cl500. But the four plugs to cap the hydraulic lines of each strut weren’t included. What can I do? The car is in the mechanics shop already.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL-500
I didn't get any plugs in my kit - I think it's Strutmasters that supplies them. In any case, you will definitely want to convert the tandem ABC pump to LOW PRESSURE operation using the bypass method here (see Post 23). bypass pump

This means that all of your lines (including those at the struts) have NO pressure - you can saw them off and cap them with a piece of 3/8" fuel line and a plastic plug (or anything else at hand).

No worries :-)
Old 10-09-2018, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S600
Originally Posted by smartadze
I didn't get any plugs in my kit - I think it's Strutmasters that supplies them. In any case, you will definitely want to convert the tandem ABC pump to LOW PRESSURE operation using the bypass method here (see Post 23). bypass pump

This means that all of your lines (including those at the struts) have NO pressure - you can saw them off and cap them with a piece of 3/8" fuel line and a plastic plug (or anything else at hand).

No worries :-)
thanks smartadze