CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Mercedes benz cl-500, 2002, roof issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2020 | 10:10 PM

G63
Mercedes benz cl-500, 2002, roof issue

Hello everyone, hope u all are doing well...
so this is what happened to my roof... After staying for around 2 years while we replaced the battery there were basically some suspension & body Jo s were done by someone.. roof was working in all directions but there was a fault in autel tester, it was something about normalizing roof, out of curiosity we tried to do the coding through tester & result.... It stopped working.....there were 3 kind of codings in that tester for roof as & after that nothing moved an inch... Removed motor it works perfect at bench, manually operated roof goes fine... Tried the reset procedure by disconnecting battery, no nothing happened...
all other functions through roof console works fine except roof, in tester I can see control unit recieving 12v & status of roof showing" de- normalized"
​​​​​​
Any advice please what to do...
thanks
Old 04-21-2020 | 11:52 PM

CL
Originally Posted by Rahul Si
Hello everyone, hope u all are doing well...
so this is what happened to my roof... After staying for around 2 years while we replaced the battery there were basically some suspension & body Jo s were done by someone.. roof was working in all directions but there was a fault in autel tester, it was something about normalizing roof, out of curiosity we tried to do the coding through tester & result.... It stopped working.....there were 3 kind of codings in that tester for roof as & after that nothing moved an inch... Removed motor it works perfect at bench, manually operated roof goes fine... Tried the reset procedure by disconnecting battery, no nothing happened...
all other functions through roof console works fine except roof, in tester I can see control unit recieving 12v & status of roof showing" de- normalized"
​​​​​​
Any advice please what to do...
thanks

good example for how you can get in BIG trouble using other testers than Xentry on MB cars
find some one with Xentry or buy one and everything will go back to work

BTW, you never needed a tool to normalize the roof
roof normalizing is
open the roof fully, it will only move step by stem if not normalized
untill the farest end position UP hold the open button 5 seconds more
then in one row, hit close and hold 5 seconds more after full close

done

Last edited by pmercury; 04-21-2020 at 11:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rahul Si (04-24-2020)