CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Dead Key? Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2020 | 12:56 AM

Cl500
Dead Key? Please help

UPDATE: so as it turns out it was indeed the key that had lost its memory and password. I payed a guy off Offer Up 300$ for a brand new key that looked fresh out of the deal and got it programed in 20 minutes. Fired right up. I hope this can help anyone who faces similar problems, the only symptoms I faced was the key not always picking up here and there then not working at all

So right now my CL has been sitting in the garage for a fair bit of time now since what I believe to be a dead key has stopped me from getting it to do anything. I was at the gas station when I realized it wasn't budging at all, it had happened a handful of times before and a good wiggle or just the fact that it was sitting in the ignition for a little and it would turn just fine but it hasn't worked since. The car has no mechanical problems that I know of at the time it stopped working. I'm thinking of buying a new key from a MB dealer but I came here first in case one of you knows what it might be before I waste a few hundred. Thank you for your time in advance.
Details: The key still flashes red after replacing the battery.
:battery has been tested and charged
:some fuses checked
:dash still lights up when door is opened

Last edited by Yuki18; 09-17-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-05-2020 | 01:40 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
Its either a faulty key or a ignition module or very low voltage------The FUYAA wont solve your issue---a good scan will or junk the car!!