CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Cl500/600 160mph speedometer to AMG 200mph speedometer swap/rebuild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2021 | 06:11 PM

C215 600TT
Originally Posted by ctravis595
thanks for joining the thread, yes I have seen quite a few people try a few things with this cluster, many with varying degrees of success.

I am glad to hear the speedometer works, however, is the speedometer indeed still accurate after 100mph? The scaling of the speed indicated on the cluster increases at 100 mph, and I wasn’t sure if this area would be accurate thereafter

also makes me wonder what happens if someone took the car over 160mph after the swap... might be something that can be coded if it didn’t work automatically
Oh... and yes ctravis, it works fine over 100mph
Old 04-28-2021 | 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Originally Posted by ukcl600
Ok. Ninja, you might be able to help here...

My star guy was able to get the cluster almost back to normal. He said he had originally tried ‘initial setup with takeover’, which appeared to work - then it didn’t. Today however he pulled the option codes and put them all in manually, which worked. Except one thing. The teleaid message.

He said it’s possible this cluster came from a non-UK car (we don’t have the SOS system in the UK) - though I checked with the former keeper of the cluster and he does not recall the teleaid message - now I think about it, I didn’t get it when I tested it at the outset.

any ideas how to just turn it off - something I can relay to my star man in case he’s missing a trick?
he needs to make sure the coding matches across all modules, sounds like he did not change any coding with the ignition like he should have, the ignition is the central gateway module in the w215 as opposed to cars like the w211 that have a seperate central gateway.

there is also likely one Sam that needs coding changed to reflect the lack of teleaid
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021 | 06:54 PM

C215 600TT
Wicked. I’ll relay tomorrow when I talk to him. Thank you.
Old 04-28-2021 | 07:30 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Ok. Ninja, you might be able to help here...

My star guy was able to get the cluster almost back to normal. He said he had originally tried ‘initial setup with takeover’, which appeared to work - then it didn’t. Today however he pulled the option codes and put them all in manually, which worked. Except one thing. The teleaid message.

He said it’s possible this cluster came from a non-UK car (we don’t have the SOS system in the UK) - though I checked with the former keeper of the cluster and he does not recall the teleaid message - now I think about it, I didn’t get it when I tested it at the outset.

any ideas how to just turn it off - something I can relay to my star man in case he’s missing a trick?
Just disable teleaid in central gateway and in command
if he can't just get me on skype when connected and I'll do it by remote
depending on versions reactions might change so best is to do it live

this is a basic job for beginners, he should know this
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (04-28-2021)
Old 04-30-2021 | 04:09 AM

C215 600TT
No cigar. He tried everything. Teleaid is not present in any module including EIS, Command, Sam. He put all the option codes in and defined it was a UK car. (Never had teleaid here)

He suspects it’s something to do with the cluster or the mileage reset I had performed on it when I bought it. Though when I plugged it in to begin with, this message did not show up and the previous car did not trigger it either.

I’ve paid the bill anyway as there was a lot of other mechanical work done but I will need to readdress this at some point as the message won’t disappear on its own.
Old 04-30-2021 | 05:48 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
No cigar. He tried everything. Teleaid is not present in any module including EIS, Command, Sam. He put all the option codes in and defined it was a UK car. (Never had teleaid here)

He suspects it’s something to do with the cluster or the mileage reset I had performed on it when I bought it. Though when I plugged it in to begin with, this message did not show up and the previous car did not trigger it either.

I’ve paid the bill anyway as there was a lot of other mechanical work done but I will need to readdress this at some point as the message won’t disappear on its own.
take a look in the cluster with vediamo
Old 04-30-2021 | 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don’t think he tried everything, my car was fitted with teleaid, I simply removed the teleaid hardware from my car and coding it out was not difficult. Just sounds like he’s not looking in all the right modules
Old 04-30-2021 | 07:59 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by ctravis595
I don’t think he tried everything, my car was fitted with teleaid, I simply removed the teleaid hardware from my car and coding it out was not difficult. Just sounds like he’s not looking in all the right modules
I don't think its about the teleaid in the car anymore Travis
its about the cluster version being a US version that is looking for teleaid
might need to be looked in with vediamo
Old 04-30-2021 | 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenzNinja
I don't think its about the teleaid in the car anymore Travis
its about the cluster version being a US version that is looking for teleaid
might need to be looked in with vediamo
I have a US cluster, no issues coding out teleaid it just needed to be cleared from more than one module from my memory
Old 06-29-2021 | 07:24 PM

C215 600TT
Solved

Well, it’s been a while - but the Benz Ninja fixed it!

After checking all the necessary modules, Peter concluded that XENTRY was unable to complete the task and a trip into Vediamo would be required. This is likely because I have an early facelift car with a few coding crossovers to contend with.

Vediamo revealed that my original UK cluster and North American market cluster had a difference in opinion when it came to firmware… So different in fact, that the settings could not be pulled from the original and Peter had to code it manually. For the most part, line by line from what I could follow.

Scrambling to do just that with google translate camera (Vediamo is almost completely in German), I gave up trying to keep up and let Ninja do his thing - but I understood what was happening.

Needless to say; I have no more Teleaid message and instead; a fully operational 220mph cluster in my CL600.

Huge thanks to Peter for getting me set up with my own DAS star setup and for correcting this irritating little fault!