mercedes 2004 cl600 problem with trunk release function

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 05:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
Question mercedes 2004 cl600 problem with trunk release function

hi, hoping you could advise me. i have a 2004 mercedes cl 600 and the button on the drivers side panel which includes the window buttons and the button on the bottom of the panel which used to have a red light come on when you turned the key on and allowed me to open the trunk by pulling the button up no longer works. the panel works for all window functions, but i can't open the trunk. i was told to buy a replacement panel with a good trunk release button that lights up. problem is i have bought several on ebay that were tested and guaranteed to work. when i installed each one and tested them for opening the trunk they didn't light up and i was told that they had to be programmed into the car with mercedes star. i do have a mercedes star system with das and developer mode. could you please tell me the steps i need to take to reprogram the trunk release switch. my mechanic said that i had to take it to the dealer and they want to charge me in excess of $2000 including buying a brand new door panel switch from them. i believe my star system is capable of handling the job, i just need the proper procedure.
thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
p.s. do you think it would help if i used the old connecting wires from the original module and connected them to the new trunk release module.
my mercedes mechanic scanned my car and said that the trunk release panel is not communicating with the release module in the trunk. he said that i definitely need a new door panel and everything else was working properly, but said only the dealer can reprogram the module.

Last edited by biker349; 10-27-2021 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:16 AM
SPONSOR

Received 822 Likes on 636 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by biker349
hi, hoping you could advise me. i have a 2004 mercedes cl 600 and the button on the drivers side panel which includes the window buttons and the button on the bottom of the panel which used to have a red light come on when you turned the key on and allowed me to open the trunk by pulling the button up no longer works. the panel works for all window functions, but i can't open the trunk. i was told to buy a replacement panel with a good trunk release button that lights up. problem is i have bought several on ebay that were tested and guaranteed to work. when i installed each one and tested them for opening the trunk they didn't light up and i was told that they had to be programmed into the car with mercedes star. i do have a mercedes star system with das and developer mode. could you please tell me the steps i need to take to reprogram the trunk release switch. my mechanic said that i had to take it to the dealer and they want to charge me in excess of $2000 including buying a brand new door panel switch from them. i believe my star system is capable of handling the job, i just need the proper procedure.
thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
p.s. do you think it would help if i used the old connecting wires from the original module and connected them to the new trunk release module.
my mercedes mechanic scanned my car and said that the trunk release panel is not communicating with the release module in the trunk. he said that i definitely need a new door panel and everything else was working properly, but said only the dealer can reprogram the module.
for your info replacing the door button module might have been the wrong option
The red trunk light on button and button not responding is most of time not a front door module problem
if something wrong, the button will not work or show light
more a trunk lock, trunk opening error

ill look if you connect me by remote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
thank you very much for your fast reply. i would love for you to look into my system. how do i connect you to my remote?
the best, harv
Old 10-28-2021, 12:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 822 Likes on 636 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by biker349
thank you very much for your fast reply. i would love for you to look into my system. how do i connect you to my remote?
the best, harv
PM send