CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Gauge cluster digital screen doesn't display messages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz CL 55 AMG
Gauge cluster digital screen doesn't display messages

Here is a photo of what the gauge cluster looks like. Everything else functions normally, except the screen in the middle.
Hey everybody, I fulfilled my lifelong dream of purchasing a Mercedes, and I did just that by purchasing a 2003 CL 55 AMG. It's my first car. It has quite a few problems, many of which have been solved, however, I'm not able to figure out why my gauge cluster screen is like this. I was hoping someone can offer me a solution. Thank you. 😀
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (03-16-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 09:38 AM

Received 138 Likes on 126 Posts
CL 600 '00 5.8L V12
Cool The finest automobiles available

Originally Posted by Mercedescultist
Hey everybody, I fulfilled my lifelong dream of purchasing a Mercedes, and I did just that by purchasing a 2003 CL 55 AMG. It's my first car. It has quite a few problems, many of which have been solved, however, I'm not able to figure out why my gauge cluster screen is like this.
Congratulations on your first car, especially on it being a Mercedes-Benz. I can assure you that this is one of the finest cars available today.
As an CL600 owner, which I bought as my first car last year, I can also assure you, that your expatations of your future cars are ruined by having this Mercedes-Benz as your first car 😋😉.

You'll never have another car that gives a ride quality, so high as these cars do.

Back to the topic now.. I think that this issue might be related to the issue @MartinWake is having. Coincidentally, or not, he is having problems with the exact same instrument cluster as you have.

Please find his thread here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-...ster-weak.html

A little shameless self promotion; I can only assume you love wrenching on these machines as much as I do at this point.
Please feel free to subscribe to my new YouTube channel, which covers wrenching on my C215 CL600.

It's called Tim's Car Restorations

There aren't any videos on there right now, but I'm planning to shoot a video in the last week of march, regarding A LOT of maintenance jobs (ABC, Transmission, Rear diff, Subframe, etc).
Time will tell how and when this video will get edited.

Last edited by tim687; 03-23-2022 at 02:52 AM.
biker349 (03-16-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 11:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz CL 55 AMG
Sorry for the late response! I will be more dilligent about checking this forum.

Thank you, I am in love with this car, I had the pleasure of observing one on my way to the bus stop in elementary school, and I've been drooling over it ever since! Luckily things have come full circle, and I can now drool over whilst sitting at home .

I must agree, like my father and grandfather I don't see myself owning a car and it not being a Mercedes-Benz, I must always have one in my future fleet, they're spectacular cars, and I don't care what anyone tells me about it lol.

Thank you a lot for directing me to the thread, it is really appreciated.

Additionally, you'd be right in your assumption, I love wrenching on these cars so much I volunteered to work at a mechanic shop for free while in college to learn how to maintain a fine automobile like ours. This is actually how I came about mine! I subscribed to your YouTube channel, and I now await your first video. I can't wait to see your beautiful CL600, and those videos will be mighty useful as I plan on owning a W/C215 for a while, even if it is not the one I currently own.

Thank you for the help!
tim687 (03-23-2022)