CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Cl500 Transmission Valve Body & conductor plate Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes cl500
Cl500 Transmission Valve Body & conductor plate Help!!

Hey everyone
So I’m on the east coast, Maryland area. I need a recommendation for a shop to have the trans valve body & conductor plate done. I asked the Mercedes dealership and they wanted 2900(1300 labor, 1600 part)…. I priced this a few years back for another cl500 I had and it was only like 1400$…. Has anyone had theirs done in the area and can recommend a shop to me? Any help at all would be great

Last edited by BeazyTattoos; 02-13-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:30 AM
SPONSOR

Received 820 Likes on 635 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by BeazyTattoos
Hey everyone
So I’m on the east coast, Maryland area. I need a recommendation for a shop to have the trans valve body conductor plate done. I asked the Mercedes dealership and they wanted 2900(1300 labor, 1600 part)…. I priced this a few years back for another cl500 I had and it was only like 1400$…. Has anyone had theirs done in the area and can recommend a shop to me? Any help at all would be great
why the valve body?
Old 02-13-2024, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes cl500
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
why the valve body?

Well truth be told, My issue is just the conductor plate but every Mercedes shop I talk to says it’s only sold as the whole thing(valve body and conductor plate) together from Mercedes Benz. I obviously can find them online sold separately but nobody is giving me an option for that, and wants 3000$ for the Job. Which is why I’m trying to find someone that’s had it done anywhere in the relative area that can recommend a place
Old 02-13-2024, 04:31 PM
SPONSOR

Received 820 Likes on 635 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by BeazyTattoos
Well truth be told, My issue is just the conductor plate but every Mercedes shop I talk to says it’s only sold as the whole thing(valve body and conductor plate) together from Mercedes Benz. I obviously can find them online sold separately but nobody is giving me an option for that, and wants 3000$ for the Job. Which is why I’m trying to find someone that’s had it done anywhere in the relative area that can recommend a place
That'a lie
the plate is super easy to replace btw
now with BenzNinja, you would just buy a used virgin plate from ebay for $350 and as member coding is free as all other repair services lifetime

the other option is find a scanner lookup your plate HW number and even better the SW numbers and coding number
then go on ebay, search for your HW number and add the word "repair" to your search
if you can find the EHS (valvebody) number even better it's also written on the side of your valvebody
you'll find 3-5 stores offering plate repairs or replacement coding inclusive if you send yours out to them

DO NOT REPLACE THE VALVE BODY
useless