CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Sorry for the delay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the delay

Two quick snaps I took with my camera phone. Old Man Winter doesn't seem to want to go away up here and so it's hard to keep him clean. Gonna have a friend who's a professional photographer have some fun with it. Will post soon thereafter.
Attached Thumbnails Sorry for the delay-darth1.jpg   Sorry for the delay-darth2.jpg  
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Beautiful car!

It's funny you're pictures are labelled "Darth-". My five year old calls our new car "Vader's car."

Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Almost a Member!

very nice.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Whoo hooo thanks for the photos
Old 04-12-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by Sir Charles
Two quick snaps I took with my camera phone. Old Man Winter doesn't seem to want to go away up here and so it's hard to keep him clean. Gonna have a friend who's a professional photographer have some fun with it. Will post soon thereafter.
Wow, still clean pictures!! Congratulations!! How do you like the drive so far?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Very nice ! I love the color, especially with the AMG package. Great choice !
Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
How do you like the drive so far?
The most impressive feature about the drive is the torque No surprise, right? But experiencing it is something else. It just doesn't stop. And I mean to the point where it's really not easy to pull your head off the headrest. It's also pretty loud and aggressive sounding. Not something we expected.

There was some concern that because this wasn't an AMG it wouldn't be aggressive. Not so. Take off the traction control and you're peeling - even from a rolling start.

As for the handling, it's pretty tight and responsive. Not like a CLS55, but I think it's safe to say it was designed this way; to be more relaxed and refined.

As impressive as the power is, so is the technology. If you're debating between this and say, a Bentley GT, go with this. Performance stats are fairly similar. But the technology in the CL is beyond anything any car on the road can match. Take the night vision, for example. Not only does it work and provide a really sharp, bright view -it's just cool. The camera is mounted beside the rearview mirror, and seeing it from the outside of the car makes you think Q from James Bond installed it for you.

It's also the little things that impress. Know that feeling when you drop something in between the seats? Well, it doesn't happen in the CL. That's because there's a flap attached to the seat so nothing drops down there.

What's great about this car is that it's a double feature. If you want power and performance, you've got it. But if you want something completely luxurious like a 5-star hotel, you've got it too. I guess that's what makes a Mercedes a Mercedes.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Sir Charles

What's great about this car is that it's a double feature. If you want power and performance, you've got it. But if you want something completely luxurious like a 5-star hotel, you've got it too. I guess that's what makes a Mercedes a Mercedes.
Yep, that is it exactly!

M