CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

CL Multicontour Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
CL Multicontour Seats

Could CL owners who have the new Dynamic multicontour seats comment on the thigh seat 'zone' comfort on the new CL vs the new S class seats. The S class seats boasts of 11 inflatable bolsters in five zones of the seat, but the CL only has nine in four zones of the seat. The CL missing bolsters are precisely in the zone for 'thigh support which adjust leg position'. Otherwise (as far as multicontour is concerned), they seem to be the same. Here is the new S class seat description: "the driver and front passenger are now able to adjust five zones in their seats with the help of eleven air chambers. These are...the two side bolsters of the seat cushion; the thigh support which adjusts the leg position; the lumbar support, which is also height-adjustable; the two side bolsters of the seat backrest; the shoulder support." Here is the CL class seat description: "the driver and front passenger are now able to adjust four zones in their seats with the help of nine air chambers. These are ...the two side bolsters of the seat cushion; the lumbar support, which is also height-adjustable; the two side bolsters of the seat backrest; the shoulder support." Information came from the official 'In Depth' Mercedes press release at introduction (as found in GermanCarFans.com). I would like to know if long term driving in these seats fatigue the thigh area that is not as supported as in the S class. Thanks for any input from both CL550 and CL600 '07/'08 owners. Z356
Old 11-17-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CL600, 2014 S550
I was not aware of the missing thigh adjustment until I saw your post. In my opinion it is not a great loss because I never adjusted them beyond a neutral position anyway. I find the seat back sides adjustment is much better on the CL as it seems to snug up to my body much more than the S, for whatever reason I don't know. As a further note about the thigh adjust I never could understand why one would want to use it as it adjusted laterally from left to right or vice versa. Unless of course you have a dominant thigh.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
Thanks...

wwtell: I am very interested in your opinions on the two cars you own - 2008 CL and 2007 S. I have just sent you a Private Message with further questions which I hope you can answer for me as I evaluate which model to purchase. Thanks.