CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

barolo red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
barolo red

any picts or opinions on how the cl550 looks in barolo red. i haven't been able to find any images and the build your own feature on the mb website has not been particularly helpful
thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Used barolo red CL550 on ebay now w/many pics....

Color is obviously personal pfc...

But expect many dealers to push back on ordering a barolo red CL, esp if a new cust (a tough-to-sell CL for dealer if one doesn't take car....and CLs are hard-to-sell in any color in today's economy)....also expect issues/heavier deprec upon trade-in....

Would try to see unusual colors live to make sure you like it and can live w/it for a while....many pics of metallics are deceiving vs real-world appce....and unusual colors may be cute on a wkend sportscar, but less appealing on a daily commuter car like CL....

If certain re: color, would $0-down, 2yr lease the CL to manage/fix deprec costs of unusual color.....
Old 01-25-2008, 09:29 AM

barolo red

thanks.
definitely a lease. have had a black cl500 for three years and at this point looking for a change. feeling very conflicted about the cl. the model looks good in the showroom, but i'm very underwhelmed when viewed on the road(usually a grimy black from the ny winter)
the S looks elegant in the red. i'm hoping it translates to the cl
Old 01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
Had many blk/blk MB/AMGs, incls CLs over past 8+ yrs.....recently switched to silver/blk, as microswirls/scratches (even w/hand car washes) of blk annoy me too much....

Have pondered a different color choice for next CL I get ('09 CL63 030)....only one that interests me is majestic blk (a dark metallic blue in sunlt; almost blk at nt); looks great live.....but would argue silver better reveals the various interesting/complex design elements of an AMG CL....

Have seen green CL550 (w/Sport package) live....looks interesting on a quick glance...but my sense is CL is too big/elegant/intimidating a car for flamboyant colors....

Also, would argue specific body kit/wheels/brake calipers/exhausts signif influence appearance of CL, no matter color.....had silver/gray CL550 w/Sport, blk/blk '07 CL600 and now have slvr/blk CL63......amazing how different actual AMG CL appears vs AMG-look 550 vs codger-look 600....
Old 02-05-2008, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300

Should see real pictures or the actual color in person, as these pictures are similar but not quite if you know what I mean. Also be advised that for some reason the Barolo Red looks different on larger vehicles than it does on small ones, so try to see it on a CL,S,CLS,GL,or ML and not on say a C class. It looks great with the Cognac/Black interior too. If your not too worried about a huge price there is always the Designo Mystic White edition..mmm drolls.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:06 PM

thanks
very helpful
i've seen the S class in barolo red
very elegant

cognac/black is a winning combination
i saw a CL600 at prestige mb nj with that interior and it was a stunner
could not do with a beige or black interior after viewing it
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by chilledbenz

Should see real pictures or the actual color in person, as these pictures are similar but not quite if you know what I mean. Also be advised that for some reason the Barolo Red looks different on larger vehicles than it does on small ones, so try to see it on a CL,S,CLS,GL,or ML and not on say a C class. It looks great with the Cognac/Black interior too. If your not too worried about a huge price there is always the Designo Mystic White edition..mmm drolls.

The car looks good in red...

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
That exterior color was my first choice. Since no dealer in my area could show me neither Cl or S class, I decided (chicken out) on more conservative Titanium color, WAF helped (wife acceptance factor). Also bit ballsy (nobody could show me that one also). Afterall, I'm extremely happy with my choice. The color plays with you. Tiny hint of red/grey in the sun and dark/steel almost black in the shadow. Hard to describe. Must see in person. But IMHO all MB colors are much better looking in person than in brochure, or worse, online. The Barolo Red would definetly look outstanding and don't let anybody tell you about depreciation/devaluation/flamboyant-ation/intimidation/and any other -nation (WSH). It work both ways, equal amount likes or dislikes when you sell. Lease, no problem. So, go for it.
Interior, again I stress IMHO, as Cognac/Black is by far one of the nicest, sweetest, soothiest, calmiest colors MB could spawn. I have it and I love it.
Most difficult task ahead - try to find a dealer who has it and compare. Or roll the dices.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:58 AM

German karts
Barolo Red CL on eBay motors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...em280198540687

I agree on what people has said, you should see the car in person, as metallic color tend to look different under different lighting condition. From that ebay pictures it looks great tho

Actually WSH has a point, it is harder to sell unsual colored car (especially on the car that is not easy to sell to begin with). Basic economy, lower demand than supply = lower price.
But since you are going to lease it, this is not a problem.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM

thanks
for all the info
seems like barolo red it is
with cognac black int