CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

HAS ANYONE INSTALLED VELOCE SOFTWARE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 MERCEDES ML63-AMG
HAS ANYONE INSTALLED VELOCE SOFTWARE?

I am comtemplating installing the Veloce Performance Tuning Software on my 2008 CL600. THis includes the TCU and ECU tuning.

Has anyone done his yet and what do you think? Any problems with the install or any codes triggered?

How about problems with warrantee and dealer detection?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 AM

08 CL600 Blk/Blk (09 C63 traded back- too small) 04 E55 sold
I just signed up for an 08 CL600 (NJ also- Morris County) and I am trying to decide which tuner to use for the ECU TCU upgrade. It is my understanding (from the research that I have done) that the newer (07 on) cars are much more difficult to do the TCU tune to than the 05-06 models.

I am trading an 09 C63 on the 08 CL600. The C63 has the 7-speed trans which performs magically. Unfortunately, I don't fit the car (or the image) as well as I do the larger car. However, it is a blast to drive!

Anyway, as a result of owning the C63, I have been following the C63 forum for a couple of months and according to MHP, albeit a relatively new tuner to this forum, he states that most of the big name tuners are not able to break the new codes on the later model transmissions. He further states that he can net 650+HP and 740TQ on the 600 and also has the codes to enhance the TCU. He has posted many times on the C63 forum and has posted much dyno and track data to date for that model.

Please don't shoot the messenger, I am not advocating for MHP, I just would like to get the most current tune available and after driving the newer trans with throttle blips, etc, the older 5-speed seems sluggish in comparison. I know that Renntech, Kleemann, and a host of other very reputable tuners have been doing this type of mod for years, but even Renntech stated to me on the phone that their tune is more effective on the older software versions than the newer ones.

I will continue to do more research and ask questions and make calls until I zero in on the tuner that has what I consider to be the right combo for this car. I am also very open to advice and suggestions from all here as well.

Please reply or PM me if you get any other feedback.

I believe that if we ultimately purchased the upgrades together from the same tuner, regardless who they are, they would save us some substantial $$. The economy has softened the aftermarket industry as well.

Good luck!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 PM

08 CL600 Blk/Blk (09 C63 traded back- too small) 04 E55 sold
After re-reading my previous post, I would like to clarify the ECU/TCU tuning feedback that I recently received from Renntech.

I misunderstood what they meant by the difference in V12TT HP results of 05 and 06 cars versus 07 and 08.

I confirmed today that the numbers that Renntech quote are actually conservative regardless of model year and appear to dyno 10-20 HP OVER what they advertise.

Thats likely one reason that these guys have been around for 20 years!

I would also like to add that many of the fastest and quickest Mercedes on Dragtimes.com are those with Renntech upgrades and I have no question that their products and services are top quality.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Very interesting.
I also, at one time was tinkering with an idea of ECU/TCU upgrade.
I think Renntech, as expensive as it might sound is our best bet. Well known for years (did their part of f*ups).
Maybe, with the new guys on the block we are pushing our luck?
Who wants to be a Guinea Pig for +150.k car?
Mark.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 PM

2015 MERCEDES ML63-AMG
After thorough investigation, I decided to go with the Renntech ECT/TCU tuning.
Contacted Jay at The Auto Addiction and he informed me of all the pro's and con's of the different software packages.

Renntech has been around for a long time and very reliable.

He also arranged to have a technician come to my home to remove and reinstall the computers, as I was a little shy on fooling around with those parts, especially on a high cost auto like the CL600.

I will post my views on the entire procedure and outcome after it is done.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by ONEFASTE55
Contacted Jay at The Auto Addiction and he informed me of all the pro's and con's of the different software packages.

He also arranged to have a technician come to my home to remove and reinstall the computers, as I was a little shy on fooling around with those parts, especially on a high cost auto like the CL600.

I am glad that you found a tech to come out to you and get the ECU/TCU out. I know that you would have been more than happy with our work, but you gotta go with what you feel comfortable with. It's all about having fun with our cars.

Good luck with the tuning and have fun and be safe!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe

Did you have a chance to dyno the car before ECU/TCU upgrade?
Mark.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Banned

2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
you should of did some research first

MHP is the best tuning company by far out there for ecu and tcu tuning... having my ecu and tcu sent to them next week.

just read the reviews in the clk55/63 forums
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
U mean the w211 E55 forums.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 AM

2015 MERCEDES ML63-AMG
I have looked into MHP and have found that they have made some great claims as to HP and TQ. But in my research, they have not been around as long as Renntech and do not have the experience.

I decided to play it conservative and safe and go with a company that has an outstanding reputation and has proven their software with most cars that have been on the track.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I have looked into MHP and have found that they have made some great claims as to HP and TQ. But in my research, they have not been around as long as Renntech and do not have the experience.

I decided to play it conservative and safe and go with a company that has an outstanding reputation and has proven their software with most cars that have been on the track.
RENNtech & Kleemann net nearly = results & have the most positve history on these forums, I have seen many 600 biturbo post dyno's 520+rwhp 700+ rwto

You made a great choice. As far as MHP claims go that's all they are "Claims" NO DYNO proof of any "He further states that he can net 650+HP and 740TQ on the 600"

He initialy told us he got 1,000 rwto & nearly 900 rwhp outt've a 09' S65 but could never deliver the dyno proof, (funny part he quoted the PRE-tuning STOCK rwhp rwto as 600+rwhp 750+rwto) any STOCK 65 AMG make 500+ rwhp 650+ rwto