CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Think Dealer Service is BS'ing Me? 2nd edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S550V4 2001 S430 (Sold) 1976 450 SL
Think Dealer Service is BS'ing Me? 2nd edition

Same 2012 CL550. I have an issue w/ the driver side rear side window not closing. When opening the drivers door, the rear window opens slightly to aid door opening. After entry and closing the door, the rear window closes.

Supposedly.

My issue is often, but sadly not always, the rear side window does not move fwd. and close, leaving an air gap. I then have to pull the drivers window switch (not the rear window switch) up to make the rear window close. Pull up on the side window switch and side window stays open.

The dlr. SA says they cannot replicate. I have pictures I have sent to show, as well as a video.

The SA said they have found if the car is started BEFORE the window completes the entire closing cycle, it will not fully close, as there is such a power drain. Close the door, don't start the car until all is closed and there is no issue. Open the door, get in, immediately push the keyless and the left side window won't close.

To this, I say wth?

Is it plausible, at this level of engineering and cost, that there isn't enough battery power to run options completely? Does the CL have two batteries, as the earlier S's did? One for options and one for starting?

Having to pay attention, twist and turn sideways to see if the dumb window closed or not ea. time I get into the car and then physically close the window if it's open is flat stupid.

Anyone else have this or am I getting hosed w/ bs?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:21 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
My window closes IMMEDIATELY after I close the door. Assuming you close the door prior to starting the engine, I don't think you would be quick enough to close the door andthen press the start button prior to the window closing. I believe your vehicle only has a single battery under the hood. If the single battery has enough power to start the engine, it definitely would have enough power to close the window prior to starting the engine.