CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Eco mode missing? What about the consumption screen not working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 S560; 2019 Range Rover Supercharged; 1985 European model 280SL, Navigator Black Label, Lexus LX
Eco mode missing? What about the consumption screen not working?

Just picked up a CL550 2012 model with 21k miles and probably should have checked things out more. I had a S550 before my recent BMW 750 so when I'd had enough of the BMW I happened upon this CL and with the miles and condition I made a on the spot purchase. Nevertheless I have a lot to learn. Things are very similar to my prior S class but I found a few things that I can't quite figure out.

ECO mode. The car says Blue Efficiency (whatever that means) on the side and the manual mentions ECO mode as an option in the command system. I can't find it. Am I missing something or is my car without it?

There is a Consumption screen I found but when I choose it nothing happens. There is a screen with a graph for mpg but it never graphs anything. Any ideas here as well?

These are just curiosities of a new car but I'm puzzled nonetheless. Surely will have more things pop up.

Ive been away from the MB and the forum for a couple years but hoping this is going to be a nice return.

Wish me luck! Hope it doesn't disappoint and that it holds up well.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 S560; 2019 Range Rover Supercharged; 1985 European model 280SL, Navigator Black Label, Lexus LX
Well the consumption screen is now working. Not sure how I feel
about the fickle nature of it but hopefully all is well...