CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

CL500 2007 ILS fault

Old 09-08-2018, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL500 5.5 W216
CL500 2007 ILS fault

Would really appreciate any advice on this before having to start paying out for star diags.

I have a bi xenon ILS setup on this car (2007 CLS W216) and one of the dipped beams went the other day . I bought some new D2s bulbs from Amazon and changed em both (in the UK a difference in brightness can fail an MOT inspection + I went up to 6000k temp). Changing these is no walk in the park , I ended up spending hours with a mate doing it through the the wheel well.

So after all fitted and batter reconnected they work great . The next day 10 mins into the drive I get

"Intelligent light system inoperative" error on the dash . All the lights work ok (although weirdly the dipped beams stay on all the time on auto and off unless I switch to sidelights only ) . At first I thought it might be dirty sensor as the car was dirty so I got it wahsed today and made sure the windscreen was squeaky clean . No joy I still get the error , my turning lights work , my DTR's work , my full beams work and so do my indicators and my new dipped beams . Is there anything I haven't checked ?

Thanks in advance

Dave