Rear windows not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500 (C216)
Rear windows not working

Hey all,

I have a 2007 CL500, I’ve owned it for around 2 years now and in that time the rear windows have never operated. It’s been a real shame because I think the beauty of these cars is the pillar less design, which I can’t enjoy.

I was wondering whether this is a common fault and what can be done about it, surely it can’t be that both motors have gone. I was thinking that it could be a fuse as both aren’t working but I don’t know if they are fused together, and i don’t know where to locate such a fuse if indeed it is that. I was also thinking that tit could be the window switch on the drivers door, but the switches in the rear don’t work either, I thought it could be the window lock switch, but the passenger window operates, so I’m guessing it’s not that.

Any advice would be greatly received!

Many thanks

Jamie
Old 02-04-2020, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Look in your owners manual under power windows - rear side window, override switch.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by JamieCL500
Hey all,

I have a 2007 CL500, I’ve owned it for around 2 years now and in that time the rear windows have never operated. It’s been a real shame because I think the beauty of these cars is the pillar less design, which I can’t enjoy.

I was wondering whether this is a common fault and what can be done about it, surely it can’t be that both motors have gone. I was thinking that it could be a fuse as both aren’t working but I don’t know if they are fused together, and i don’t know where to locate such a fuse if indeed it is that. I was also thinking that tit could be the window switch on the drivers door, but the switches in the rear don’t work either, I thought it could be the window lock switch, but the passenger window operates, so I’m guessing it’s not that.

Any advice would be greatly received!

Many thanks

Jamie
I had this issue too, I took it to a local Indi, it turned out to be the electric window control module, cost was £375 for a refurbed one including fitting.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 500 2007
I had same problem and it was the rear window module located under back seat!!