Are HELLA PAGID Disc Rotors any good for CL65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lexus
Are HELLA PAGID Disc Rotors any good for CL65

Hello All,

I took my 2010 CL65 AMG (W216) for a minor service, and i was informed that my brakes and disc rotors need replacement. My ODO reads 131,000 Km (81,000 miles) . Currently, I have factory Mercedes rotors and brakes which were previously replaced at 98,000 Km (60,000 miles).

I was quoted quite a high price for genuine Mercedes Brakes and Disc Rotors, but I was told, I can use OEM rotors as well.

I wonder if HELLA PAGID disc rotors are any good? they look just like genuine Mercedes rotors, but are about a quarter of the price.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CL63 AMG (C216)
I take my car to a independent but I've heard Mercedes dealerships ask rotors and pads be replaced every 20K miles which is a bit overkill to me unless you're tracking your car. I have a CL63 AMG. I replaced by rotors and pads together at 85K miles. I think they were the original to the car. FCP Euro's website says the CL63 and CL65 can fit the same brake rotors and pads. I've replaced my rear rotors with PAGID pads and Racing Brake slotted rotors. I've had 0 issues with them and I've taken them to the track once.

Can you post a link of where you found them the Pagid rotors? I didn't see Pagid rotors when I was researching rotors. And are you replacing the front or rear rotors?

FCP Euro claims VNE is the OE for the brake rotors. They have a life time replacement warranty too so you never have to buy rotors again.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...em-w221amgrbk1

This is the forum post that inspired me to get Racing brake rotors. It saved me a lot of money and the hats on the rotors are replaceable so the next rotor change will be cheaper. Also my car was more nimble after losing unsprung weight.

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...brake-wow.html