CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

07 CL500 strange power issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL500 5.5 W216
07 CL500 strange power issue

So my cars been off the road for about a year due to a bad crank sensor and time + money to fix. So I decided to get it done finally .

Being that the cars sat idle for a good solid few months I pulled my other car round and jump started it after filling it with some fuel from a Jerry can.

Quickly removed jump cables and let the car run for prob about an hour + to get the batteries enough charge.

However I now have this weird issue that many others have with the clock and date settings not sticking , but the difference is with mine the car also won't "remember" some other settings , when I turn ignition off the screen in the dash goes off instantly while the dials are still at their last readings and it will for example default back to S mode from comfort , reset the clock and date and sometimes language to German. To add to this If I leave the car for a while locked when o return both key fobs won't unlock the car I have to manually use the mechanical key to enter , once it's started the fob works fine again until I leave the car off for extended periods.

I've disconnected both batteries , reset command but nothing seems to fix it , the battery has enough power to start fine and even cleared a traction control fault (due to low voltage) does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks