CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

57k miles 07 CL550 Driver Seat Gremlins and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL550
57k miles 07 CL550 Driver Seat Gremlins and more

New to me is 100% dealer serviced since new 57k mile Cl550. Over 35 dealer records its pretty crazy how the extended warranty was flexed. A few issues with driver seat. When car arrived, the left thigh bolster and both shoulder bolsters were so inflated I couldn't sit in the car. The command functions did not release the air. I disconnected hose under seat and activated command control and was able to get them to deflate. Progress! Reconnected hose, Now my issue is that the ability to get functionality out of the bolsters is intermittent. On some drives its responsive and works, on others I select the settings on command and it just goes back to zero, or off on massage. There is no consistency. It was like this before I disconnected hose also. My systems battery is brand new, starter battery 7 months old. No waring lights on dash. Any ideas?

Command will also not make my dash clock adjust. Clock works but when I enter the time in command, the clock does not reflect the updated time. The clock functioned fine when the car arrived and I set to my local time zone. After replacing the systems battery, I noticed I could not re adjust dash clock face. When I press the controller for command on the time, it just goes back to main time screen menu.....

Driver door handle not recognizing the fob on approach. I cannot tap the handle to lock either. Passenger works fine so antennae is working, guessing something worn out in the handle itself and most likely covered in the forum somewhere, newbie looking for the quick strike on the short list (for now)

Thx

this was the day I got the shoulder bags to deflate, you can see the leather was stretched like a tight bra for quite a while! Its much better now : )

Old 11-14-2021, 07:01 AM

Received 344 Likes on 214 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Very pretty car...love the color combination. I just replied in a different thread about the massage feature. This must be a common problem, as 3 of us now seem to have this issue. I'll take it to the dealer eventually, and report back here. I've got the same clock issue too...car has stopped setting the analog clock, despite me changing the time in settings. A used clock can be bought on Ebay for $50. I'm sure there is a YouTube video on dash removal to get to the clock. Probably an S class video is close enough to use as a reference.

Just curious...how was the extended warranty "flexed"? What parts were installed? I've got an extended warranty, and about the same mileage, so curious of what may happen in my near/medium term future.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:34 PM

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts
'07 CL550
The clock needs a GPS firmware update: https://www.benzworld.org/threads/fi...-2020.3039969/

I downloaded the firmware update from a dodgy eastern European forum since the original poster took it down, burned it to a CD, and installed it. Fixed all my clock woes. You could also get the dealer to install the GPS firmware update but they would charge you money for it.