New CL500 Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 Coupe
New CL500 Issues

Hey guys!

Finally picked up my dream car yesterday! This is the nicest car I’ve ever driven even though I had a much newer C Coupe and E Coupe.

The car wasn’t very expensive so I did expect I’ll be doing a little work, which I’m very happy to do. Therefore, I would be very grateful if you could help me with some advice for this list I managed to gather having gone through the manual:

1- Parking Guidance Unavailable and Blind Spot Assistance Unavailable: my parking camera works but none of the sensors do. As soon as I get in the car I get messages saying the above and I can’t get the sensors or parking guidance or blind spot to work.

2- Advice to remove the hideous fake AMG badging without damaging the paint? 🤣

3- I am planning on upgrading the screen to an android wide touch screen. Any suggestions to something that has Apple car play and maintains original functionality? Preferably in the UK.

4- The rear window blinds make a terrible noise after they’ve been put down. Any ideas?

5- The car has keyless entry button on the door. How do I make it work?

6- Any suggestions for upgrading the yellow headlights? Would changing the bulbs suffice in giving a bright white look or do I need to change the whole unit? I think the most yellow ones are actually the daytime running lights!

7- The steering wheel vibrates a little (nothing major) over 50mph. Rear tyres are brand new but they’re all budget tyres. Could this just be a tyre issue or possibly alignment or balancing?

8- Last but not least, any ideas for performance mods? Looking at getting a stage 1 remap through MSL tuning and possibly stage 2 with decats. Any experience with adding a hybrid turbo at all?

I apologise for my very long post. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL550 (W216) ML250 (W166)
Originally Posted by AliAyman95
Hey guys!

Finally picked up my dream car yesterday! This is the nicest car I’ve ever driven even though I had a much newer C Coupe and E Coupe.

The car wasn’t very expensive so I did expect I’ll be doing a little work, which I’m very happy to do. Therefore, I would be very grateful if you could help me with some advice for this list I managed to gather having gone through the manual:

1- Parking Guidance Unavailable and Blind Spot Assistance Unavailable: my parking camera works but none of the sensors do. As soon as I get in the car I get messages saying the above and I can’t get the sensors or parking guidance or blind spot to work.

2- Advice to remove the hideous fake AMG badging without damaging the paint? 🤣

3- I am planning on upgrading the screen to an android wide touch screen. Any suggestions to something that has Apple car play and maintains original functionality? Preferably in the UK.

4- The rear window blinds make a terrible noise after they’ve been put down. Any ideas?

5- The car has keyless entry button on the door. How do I make it work?

6- Any suggestions for upgrading the yellow headlights? Would changing the bulbs suffice in giving a bright white look or do I need to change the whole unit? I think the most yellow ones are actually the daytime running lights!

7- The steering wheel vibrates a little (nothing major) over 50mph. Rear tyres are brand new but they’re all budget tyres. Could this just be a tyre issue or possibly alignment or balancing?

8- Last but not least, any ideas for performance mods? Looking at getting a stage 1 remap through MSL tuning and possibly stage 2 with decats. Any experience with adding a hybrid turbo at all?

I apologise for my very long post. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much.
The Parking Guidance Unavailable message is common. It is because the car uses its short distance radar and can be triggered by other radar interference from other cars with sensors, reportedly newer Fords. I get it often. It resets after I drive off over a certain speed and goes away. It can also be a faulty proximity sensor, which a diagnostic scan will detect.

No car with 3 numbers should have AMG badges. They make you look like a fool. Unfortunately some Dealers put them on to sell "AMG spec" cars for a higher price. A heat gun or hairdryer should get them off, then some polish.

I would personally leave the original screen. It is central to COMAND and most aftermarket replacements are Chinese crap.

The blind gears may need a spray of lithium grease.

The buttons on the door handle are for locking the car after you get out. Put a thumb on it and walk away.

If your lights are yellowed, replace the globes and also give the glass a good clean with headlight cleaner.

I haven't had any wobbles or vibration at any speed, could be anything.

I am leaving my car completely stock factory standard. I don't think they need performance upgrades. They do tend to lower value and screw up the factory monitoring systems.

The following users liked this post:
AliAyman95 (11-12-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 06:38 AM

C200 Coupe
Thank you very much mate.

I tried everything to clean the headlights and it’s still foggy, will change the lamps to bright white and try give them a clean from the inside.

The vibrations are mostly to do with the tyres to be honest. Kept losing pressure on my front passenger tyre turns out the alloy was cracked. Getting this sorted with new front tyres and alignment and hopefully that will sort it.

I totally agree about the fake badging which is why I have removed them. Saying it’s an AMG line is ok but adding V8 Biturbo when it’s naturally aspirated 🤣.

As for performance mods, MSL performance have said they can get it up to 410 bhp with an ECU remap alone and up to 425 with a decat downpipe which I might consider later.

As for the Blind Spot Assistance and Parking Guidance, even though the car has the blind spot signals on the mirrors and the guidance lights behind the rear seats I was told that the car doesn’t have these as standard from the factory. Which does seem odd with the signals being there and getting a warning message every time I’m in the car, but also, the car doesn’t have any parking sensors outside either.

Thank you very much for your help.
Ali
Old 11-11-2021, 02:52 PM

C200 Coupe
Originally Posted by shirben
The Parking Guidance Unavailable message is common. It is because the car uses its short distance radar and can be triggered by other radar interference from other cars with sensors, reportedly newer Fords. I get it often. It resets after I drive off over a certain speed and goes away. It can also be a faulty proximity sensor, which a diagnostic scan will detect.

No car with 3 numbers should have AMG badges. They make you look like a fool. Unfortunately some Dealers put them on to sell "AMG spec" cars for a higher price. A heat gun or hairdryer should get them off, then some polish.

I would personally leave the original screen. It is central to COMAND and most aftermarket replacements are Chinese crap.

The blind gears may need a spray of lithium grease.

The buttons on the door handle are for locking the car after you get out. Put a thumb on it and walk away.

If your lights are yellowed, replace the globes and also give the glass a good clean with headlight cleaner.

I haven't had any wobbles or vibration at any speed, could be anything.

I am leaving my car completely stock factory standard. I don't think they need performance upgrades. They do tend to lower value and screw up the factory monitoring systems.

Thank you very much mate.

I tried everything to clean the headlights and it’s still foggy, will change the lamps to bright white and try give them a clean from the inside.

The vibrations are mostly to do with the tyres to be honest. Kept losing pressure on my front passenger tyre turns out the alloy was cracked. Getting this sorted with new front tyres and alignment and hopefully that will sort it.

I totally agree about the fake badging which is why I have removed them. Saying it’s an AMG line is ok but adding V8 Biturbo when it’s naturally aspirated 🤣.

As for performance mods, MSL performance have said they can get it up to 410 bhp with an ECU remap alone and up to 425 with a decat downpipe which I might consider later.

As for the Blind Spot Assistance and Parking Guidance, even though the car has the blind spot signals on the mirrors and the guidance lights behind the rear seats I was told that the car doesn’t have these as standard from the factory. Which does seem odd with the signals being there and getting a warning message every time I’m in the car, but also, the car doesn’t have any parking sensors outside either.

Thank you very much for your help.
Ali