CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Annoying Beeping Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65 & ML63
Annoying Beeping Sound

On the CL65 when you open any door and until you close the door you get an annoying beeping. I think it comes from the keyless go warning you to take your key. On the CLS and E's that we own you can stop the beeping by pushing the button on the left side of the instrument cluster. It's the reset and light dimmer button for the instrument cluster. I did not have keyless go on my S55, so the same beeping was not present.

I know that other CLS & E owners were looking into getting rid of the beeping, but I don't know if they did. However, the CL is a different story in that there is no button that you can push to stop the beeping.

My dealer said they don't know how to stop it. My old aftermarket guy was at least working on it before he closed his business. My wife called Tel Aid today and the person who answered said that the dealer could stop it. But, the dealer says no. Who to believe?

Hopefully, someone has put up with it longer than the car has been in my garage and has found someone that can stop the beeping. HELP.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I do not know it it works on the CL, but on the E, you can press any of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel and the beeping stops.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Almost a Member!

CL65 & ML63
Originally Posted by can drive 55
I do not know it it works on the CL, but on the E, you can press any of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel and the beeping stops.
I tried it on the CL65 and no luck. Works on my CLS55. Learn something every day. I did find out that I can stop the beeping breifly on the CL65 by pushing the Start/Stop button on the shift lever. This of course is without having the key in the car. The display says "key not recognized". In a couple of seconds the beeping starts again. I hit the button a couple more times and the same thing happened, except after about four times the beeping stopped for good. Not sure if this can be repeated every time. But, it's not the answer I'm looking for.

Last edited by Ken Rogers; 12-31-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
That would be too bad if you never get the beeping to stop. I know that I do not like it when mine beeps and I am glad to know how to stop it. Maybe you could check with Steve or Big Sis at MBenzNL. He knows about everything there is to know about MBZ's.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Almost a Member!

CL65 & ML63
Still looking for a dealer that will disable the keyless go beeping. I have found out that the software can be changed to turn off the beeping, but I can't find a dealer in San Diego that will do it. They say it's a safety feature, which also means they don't know how.

My dealer tells me they are looking into it, but the tech is not sure he knows how. This is most likely going nowhere.

If anyone knows of a dealer in southern California that will turn the beeping off let me know.