CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL 63 Production

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 PM
rdk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML 500
CL 63 Production

Has anyone been told when production/deliveries will start in the US?
Old 08-26-2006, 01:00 AM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
On S-Class forum, absent posted re: his conversation w/hd of AMG US, indicating CL63 is 2H07 US launch.

CL63 will be shown at Paris auto show in late Sept06. S63 will be launched this Fall. S65 was shown at Detroit in ?1/06 and arrived in US in 7/06.....smells to me like early Spr07 US launch for CL63, not 2H07 despite official "guidance".....too profitable a product for MB to simply sit on it for ?9-12 mos post-Paris auto show unveiling to allow tech to obsolesce vs the US mkt.....which prob buys 60%+ of global CL/SL/S AMGs......let's face it, aside from London (which can consume 63/65 at a solid clip), Euro is an incredibly weak mkt in terms of actually buying big AMGs, despite Germany's 63/65-relevant AB's and Monte Carlo's LA-like auto exhibitionism....
Old 08-28-2006, 01:10 PM

Mommy drives a '93 Opel Astra
Originally Posted by WSH
On S-Class forum, absent posted re: his conversation w/hd of AMG US, indicating CL63 is 2H07 US launch.

CL63 will be shown at Paris auto show in late Sept06. S63 will be launched this Fall. S65 was shown at Detroit in ?1/06 and arrived in US in 7/06.....smells to me like early Spr07 US launch for CL63, not 2H07 despite official "guidance".....too profitable a product for MB to simply sit on it for ?9-12 mos post-Paris auto show unveiling to allow tech to obsolesce vs the US mkt.....which prob buys 60%+ of global CL/SL/S AMGs......let's face it, aside from London (which can consume 63/65 at a solid clip), Euro is an incredibly weak mkt in terms of actually buying big AMGs, despite Germany's 63/65-relevant AB's and Monte Carlo's LA-like auto exhibitionism....
Please, to do a favor to all members here whose mother tongues are not English, don't abbreviate so much. Thank you.

Regarding the CL, I thought the 63 would be first shown in Geneva next year. IMO Geneva is the more sure release date, otherwise I'd be happy to see the 63 in Paris already.
BTW: Germany/Europe at all is not a weak market for AMGs. I've been to Munich, Hamburg, Berlin, Saint Tropez and Nice several times from what I can proudly say that Europe has enough über-riches who buy these cars.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Originally Posted by Mean-Benz
Please, to do a favor to all members here whose mother tongues are not English, don't abbreviate so much. Thank you.

Regarding the CL, I thought the 63 would be first shown in Geneva next year. IMO Geneva is the more sure release date, otherwise I'd be happy to see the 63 in Paris already.
BTW: Germany/Europe at all is not a weak market for AMGs. I've been to Munich, Hamburg, Berlin, Saint Tropez and Nice several times from what I can proudly say that Europe has enough über-riches who buy these cars.
I recall seeing official Mercedes press releases on CL board (?) indicating CL63 will be shown at Paris in ?6 weeks or so.

Have often heard that 70% of world's 65s are sold into US market. Enzo was difficult to sell, even at sticker price, in many major EU markets, including France (adjacent to the vaunted MonteCarlo ). 599 is easily available for sticker price in many major EU markets. Given the well-known wealth concentrations (especially in the many family-controlled enterprises) in places like Germany...and the outstanding German ABs which are rather conducive to 600hp+ cars, I'm astounded that EU has such difficulty/lack of interest in buying more of the world's 600hp+ cars......
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
I'm excited about this one, I know there has been a lot of spite to the rear of the car, but I think the overall package is a great road Mercedes-Benz has decided to take, this car has a hold on me, I'm thinking a white one may hold my open garage spot. I'm looking foward to future info! So expectations seem 2nd quarter '07?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:53 PM

Mommy drives a '93 Opel Astra
Originally Posted by WSH
I recall seeing official Mercedes press releases on CL board (?) indicating CL63 will be shown at Paris in ?6 weeks or so.

Have often heard that 70% of world's 65s are sold into US market. Enzo was difficult to sell, even at sticker price, in many major EU markets, including France (adjacent to the vaunted MonteCarlo ). 599 is easily available for sticker price in many major EU markets. Given the well-known wealth concentrations (especially in the many family-controlled enterprises) in places like Germany...and the outstanding German ABs which are rather conducive to 600hp+ cars, I'm astounded that EU has such difficulty/lack of interest in buying more of the world's 600hp+ cars......
I recommend you to visit any big city in Europe and you will see many very nice cars. It's not that we would have the same amount of luxury cars in Europe, so I'll certainly see a hell lot of supercars when I visit my cousin next year in L.A. (at least I hope I'll have the money then...).

But one is for sure:
The reason why there are more expensive cars in the US is this: 1st) Fuel price
Even the rich switch over to big diesels now, fully reasonable if you take a look at the numbers - 5 to 7 $ a gallon for premium unleaded depending on day and region is 200% of what you say you pay in the US.

2nd) Debadging
Yes I know, this only infects German cars like Bimmer, MBZ and Audi, and in Europe, especially Germany, it's a big success. If I see a debadged 7er or S-Class I cannot say if it's a V-8 gas guzzler, a V-8 diesel or a V-6. The reason why debadging is such a huge success over here is the privacy stuff. We handle showing off a >very little< bit different, just a cultural thing.

All in all you will most likely see only half as much Ferraris or Lambos in Europe as in the US, like I said, because of fuel prices. believe me, if fuel wouldn't be so expensive, far more wealthy would drive supercars.