CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)
View Poll Results: CL or CLS or Other
CLS
42.86%
CL
57.14%
E55
0%
CLK
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

First Mercedes CL or CLS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS 96 Subaru Outback
Unhappy First Mercedes CL or CLS?

Since I finally started making money, I've decided to save up to purchase a Mercedes. I really like the style of the 2002+ CL class and the CLS, but I'm having a hard time deciding on which specific model. The new CL and last years are both very appealing, since I have no need for 4 doors (I'm 20 yrs old) and I like larger sized cars. I would feel too old (no offense to anyone) driving an s class, unless it was the s65, but thats too expensive right now. The CLS however, especially the 55 is in my mind one of the best deals out there. I've driven an 03 E55 and was ecstatic at the power and the whole experience, and to me the CLS just fits my style better, but from what I've heard it has a similar, if not better driving experience. I'm not looking for the BMW "road feel", I want something that rides very smooth for daily driving, isn't hard to figure out, and yet is speedy, which is why I like the CL over the SL. To me the CL seems more practical and I believe it has a better interior. Does anyone know if the CLS has Active Body Control available? Anyway, if anyone has any advice or feedback I'd appreciate it. I'm basically looking for something maybe 1-3 years old, and I'm willing to spend anywhere from 50-90k