CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Does the CL63 Have The Electronic Stability Program ESPÒ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63 AMG
Red face Does the CL63 Have The Electronic Stability Program ESPÒ

does anyone know if the Cl63 amg has the feature of the Electronic Stability program ESPo' like the new C63 ?

if not is it Programable can it be programmed ?

the feature of the ESPO'

ESP SPORT" and "ESP OFF" – the currently active mode is shown in the central display of the AMG instrument cluster.
In "ESP ON" mode, the onset of handling instability leads to braking intervention at one or more of the wheels, accompanied by a reduction in engine torque. Briefly pressing the ESP key activates "ESP SPORT". In this mode the braking intervention to counter oversteer or understeer, as well as the accompanying reduction in engine torque, allows a higher dynamic threshold and, for instance, corresponding drift angles – which means that the driver of the C63 AMG benefits from considerably more active driving pleasure. ESPÒ is restored to its normal function as soon as the brake pedal is operated.
Prolonged pressure on the ESP key activates "ESP OFF". There is no intervention to control the handling dynamics, and no reduction in engine torque – thus increasing driving enjoyment even further. "ESP OFF" should only be used by experienced drivers on dedicated racetracks. In this mode too, operating the brake pedal restores all the normal functions of ESPÒ.

The system’s traction logic is active in all three ESPÒ modes. If one of the drive wheels threatens to spin, specific brake pressure is applied to create the effect of a mechanical differential lock. This means that the engine power is optimally transferred to the road.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by amrlotus
does anyone know if the Cl63 amg has the feature of the Electronic Stability program ESPo' like the new C63 ?

the feature of the ESPO'

ESP SPORT" and "ESP OFF" – the currently active mode is shown in the central display of the AMG instrument cluster.
In "ESP ON" mode, the onset of handling instability leads to braking intervention at one or more of the wheels, accompanied by a reduction in engine torque. Briefly pressing the ESP key activates "ESP SPORT". In this mode the braking intervention to counter oversteer or understeer, as well as the accompanying reduction in engine torque, allows a higher dynamic threshold and, for instance, corresponding drift angles – which means that the driver of the C63 AMG benefits from considerably more active driving pleasure. ESPÒ is restored to its normal function as soon as the brake pedal is operated.
Prolonged pressure on the ESP key activates "ESP OFF". There is no intervention to control the handling dynamics, and no reduction in engine torque – thus increasing driving enjoyment even further. "ESP OFF" should only be used by experienced drivers on dedicated racetracks. In this mode too, operating the brake pedal restores all the normal functions of ESPÒ.

The system’s traction logic is active in all three ESPÒ modes. If one of the drive wheels threatens to spin, specific brake pressure is applied to create the effect of a mechanical differential lock. This means that the engine power is optimally transferred to the road.
............apparently this is new and only available in the C63.

Ted
Old 07-10-2007, 04:18 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts

the feature of the ESPO'

accually i think they do, i have a CL65 on order and as soon as they revealed the C63, contacted my dealer and asked him if it was possible to add the ESPO on my car through the performance studio. Two days later he called me back and said it was standard on the 2008 CL65 ... this is strange i guess that they haven't mention any of this info so we will see my car will arrive within 2-3 weeks. Things will clear up.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by dbasons55
accually i think they do, i have a CL65 on order and as soon as they revealed the C63, contacted my dealer and asked him if it was possible to add the ESPO on my car through the performance studio. Two days later he called me back and said it was standard on the 2008 CL65 ... this is strange i guess that they haven't mention any of this info so we will see my car will arrive within 2-3 weeks. Things will clear up.
............future 63 models will probably have it. I doubt that it is available in the ones that have already been delivered. Like most things, it is probably able to be programmed later, but you will need a dealer that is not clueless. They are still having trouble doing re-programming for first gear starts in the 63's.

Ted
Old 07-10-2007, 06:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce

the feature of the ESPO'

...............Here is your answer contained in a quote from AMG press release for the C63.

The Electronic Stability Program ESPÒ is specifically configured for the dynamic performance of the C 63 AMG, which is the first AMG model to feature the 3-stage ESPÒ with a Sport function. This system offers three different control settings, and is a logical further development of the AMG ESPÒ philosophy. The ESP key in the centre console enables the driver to choose between three modes - "ESP ON", "ESP SPORT" and "ESP OFF" - the currently active mode is shown in the central display of the AMG instrument cluster.
Ted
Old 07-10-2007, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Your dealer is trying to keep you from cancelling your CL65 order.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Schiznick
Your dealer is trying to keep you from cancelling your CL65 order.
hmmmmmmm i dont think so when you are a CL65 customer they dont lose you by lying about options, in anyways as i mentioned he said that and i will be happy to have that option so we will wait and see..,, and trust me if you have a cl65 on order you wouldnt cancel it for a c63! you would just order a c63 which i already did will begin production January 2008
Old 07-10-2007, 12:37 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Are you living in the US?

Just curious because I didn't know that the CL65-launch will be that early (2-3 weeks)..

Last edited by FloridaE55; 07-11-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Are you living in the US?

Just curious because I didn't know that the CL65-launch will be that only (2-3 weeks)..
no i am from United Arab Emirates, and i had my car on order for a while and the last time i tracked it, they said it was at the performance studio getting the CF package fitted and expected it to leave the studio within 2-3 weeks , and then shipped by air cargo

Last edited by dbasons55; 07-10-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
no i am from United Arab Emirates, and i had my car on order for a while and the last time i tracked it, they said it was at the performance studio getting the CF package fitted and expected it to leave the studio within 2-3 weeks , and then shipped by air cargo
Ah, Thank you, that explains it all.