CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Guess who just bought the #1 of 40......CL65 40th Anniversary Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300W4 Sport, 2006 Honda CBR600F4i
Lebron doesnt pay over sticker for cars, never has never will. Just like most athletes, they feel since they are an athlete they should get a better deal, because they are driving so and so's companys car.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2bMB
Lebron doesnt pay over sticker for cars, never has never will. Just like most athletes, they feel since they are an athlete they should get a better deal, because they are driving so and so's companys car.
Wrong, he did not get a deal on this particular car especially #1

They raped him I'm sure.

Celebs may get free dinners and good seats at the super bowl but when lebron or a saudi prince demands the #1 issue of a collectors item, trust me, they will rake them over the coals.

"Sure, LeBron buddy, we can pull some strings and get you that car but please sir, understand that....."

"Whatever it takes, my man..."

I was recently watching that show that replaced "Pimp my Ride" with the new LA Customs and Shaq called in wanting a car he can drive around Miami and not attract too much attention. The actual phonecall was on tape and Shaq simply said "You know what I like and I trust youll build me what I need..."

The shop owner had built 30 cars for Shaq in the past and said "Shaq...I got you" The only thing he even told Shaq in the initial conversation was that it was going to be based on a Cadillac sedan. Shaq said go for it and they stripped the car down to the chassis customizing the interior just for him. In the phone call price was never even mentioned once with Shaq ending the call by telling him he has thirty days to put the creation together.

TV show aside, can you imagine the bill that Shaq would get from the shop...and the profit margin the shp would get having Shaq as the client

"consultation fees"
"overtime hours to meet deadline"
"retail on every component"
"best wiring" (thousands alone)
"full retail on car itself" (I can see the shop getting a great deal from the dealer stating that this car goes to Shaq and that the dealer can brag that Shaq buys his cars here"

The killer is that I bet they sold shaq a fully loaded car at top dollar just to gut and strip the Bose and Leather out to put in JL and Shaq alligator skin with the Superman logo in the headrest!

It's all a big hustle my friend, trust me. Everybody involved gets a cut.

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 11-05-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:56 AM

2008 C300W4 Sport, 2006 Honda CBR600F4i
yeah i know too, even ask jbondox. we still it all too often here
Old 01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Nothing quite like the Alubeam paintjob. :drool:
Old 01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Hey!! I want all you guys to know, I am Lebron James, and I don't like what you all have been saying about me and my car!.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
350k is ridiculous... there was a new 40th Anniversary Edition on ebay w/ 300k buy it now.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:22 PM

E
Originally Posted by absent
Even when you have more $$$ then God ,paying $150k premium for a slightly different paintjob proves you are incredibly stupid.
Especially with relatively short $$ earning career like athletes.
coming from a guy that drives an 06 sl65?? you must be "stupid" for paying that much for a car with four tires....assuming your rational is in place!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM

SL
Originally Posted by Chucky300
Beg your pardon. Jay Leno buys 80+ cars because he is a Car enthusiast and because he LOVES cars. The same reason Ralph Lauren does. They go through the task of restoring cars from long and forgotten Eras and give them the magic they once had - but lost over the years.
They GENUINELY love the cars, the beauty behind the metal, and the feelings they get when they look at completed projects and how their contribution to restoring a true historical staple makes them true gifts to the automotive hobby.

Lebron James loves his cars because it makes him look like a rich homeboy amongst his "friends" ( who arent really his friends because they'd take a sh*t on him the moment he is out on hard times.... I assure you of that.
To him - its just another "Fly Dope car". I have no respect for him or any other person like him that buys the car for the reason they do.

if he happens to read this thread... he must be thinking u pathetic losers ...
Old 01-21-2008, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by phonetics
if he happens to read this thread... he must be thinking u pathetic losers ...
You are a ****, more like.