CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Goyard
BTW, is rice any better than "ghetto"?

Because those wheels on your E55 look very rice'ish to me. Since you're into the "traditional" look, why did you change your wheels? Your car looked more classy with the stock wheels.
Wow, you really put it to me with that witty and finely crafted post. Now I'm hurt and will likely never recover.

BTW, the wheels are BBS LMs and I think the Japanese make them (so you are correct... they are "rice". haha)
Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Barolo

Actually I took another look at your original pictures and thought I would chime in with a more specific opinion of your car as all I did earlier in the thread was give a lame +2 to an already negative opinion of it and that was not a fair judgement towards your car nor a thorough judgement from me.
ACTUALLY:
It's beautiful. The carbon fiber is an excellent choice IN MY OPINION.
I love white on a CL ( I once had a 2006 CL in white) ....I really miss that car ....just couldn't afford an S600 and a CL at the same time.

The exterior touches everywhere around the car look nice.... (NO, actually fabulous).

The red calipers look great but it's just not for me. I do admire and appreciate them greatly. I'm sure I would probably oooh and coooh over them if I saw your car in real life, but for me, calipers are just not something I would want to bring out as an obviously visible feature. I know historically it has always been an emphasized part on a sporty car, but why??? I know braking is important on a fast car and that heat escape is important so maybe that is where the origin of this fascination of visible calipers comes from.

I love the style of your wheels (great choice there). I personally just don't like black wheels of any style so all -in -all, the ONLY thing I give a thumbs down on the entire car is the color of the wheels. I like the brushed aluminum look, or highly polished, or chrome (in that order).

Otherwise , I love your car~~~~!!!!!!
Enjoy your car. I'm sure every contributor on this thread would actually deep down be thrilled to take 'er for a full day spin around Anytown, USA. It would take at least 2 days to keep the grins off our faces.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trumpet1
Actually I took another look at your original pictures and thought I would chime in with a more specific opinion of your car as all I did earlier in the thread was give a lame +2 to an already negative opinion of it and that was not a fair judgement towards your car nor a thorough judgement from me.
ACTUALLY:
It's beautiful. The carbon fiber is an excellent choice IN MY OPINION.
I love white on a CL ( I once had a 2006 CL in white) ....I really miss that car ....just couldn't afford an S600 and a CL at the same time.

The exterior touches everywhere around the car look nice.... (NO, actually fabulous).

The red calipers look great but it's just not for me. I do admire and appreciate them greatly. I'm sure I would probably oooh and coooh over them if I saw your car in real life, but for me, calipers are just not something I would want to bring out as an obviously visible feature. I know historically it has always been an emphasized part on a sporty car, but why??? I know braking is important on a fast car and that heat escape is important so maybe that is where the origin of this fascination of visible calipers comes from.

I love the style of your wheels (great choice there). I personally just don't like black wheels of any style so all -in -all, the ONLY thing I give a thumbs down on the entire car is the color of the wheels. I like the brushed aluminum look, or highly polished, or chrome (in that order).

Otherwise , I love your car~~~~!!!!!!
Enjoy your car. I'm sure every contributor on this thread would actually deep down be thrilled to take 'er for a full day spin around Anytown, USA. It would take at least 2 days to keep the grins off our faces.
You know its funny, for me...It's the red calipers that add the splash of color thats needed to offset the monotone of having a white car. Not much but just the splash. It screams "performance". I dont know either how - Porsche I thnk it was - started the whole trend of coding the calipers but many cars look great with coded calipers including the attached Aston Martin, Porsche and Ferrari (which share the same wheels as my car).

Thanks for the kind words.
Attached Thumbnails new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-estremo-20aston.jpg   new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-porsche_est4.jpg   new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-basel-5-2.jpg  
Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Almost a Member!

03 CLK320
man your car is ****ing incredible.

what is your profession? goodness.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 AM

Very nice!

I like the styling and I hope to get a similar look for my E63. The 18 inch stock AMG rims are just not doing it for me.

Don't let the haters get you down!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Sienna SE, 01 S500, 05 LS430 UL
I don't sense any "hater" mentality here. It's all constructive and mature responses. Hatin' is saying it's ugly and calling it a pos without any reason, you know, the immature responses.

That's why I don't like to criticize anyone's ride b/c it seems like no one can take any criticism at all.
One word of "not liking this or that" b/c of this and that and the word "hater" comes up.

Looks is all subjective, so just enjoy the ride everyone

Thanks for sharing the pictures
Old 12-07-2007, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by 2H S5
I don't sense any "hater" mentality here. It's all constructive and mature responses. Hatin' is saying it's ugly and calling it a pos without any reason, you know, the immature responses.

That's why I don't like to criticize anyone's ride b/c it seems like no one can take any criticism at all.
One word of "not liking this or that" b/c of this and that and the word "hater" comes up.

Looks is all subjective, so just enjoy the ride everyone

Thanks for sharing the pictures

Agreed and well said! I take back the "hater" comments.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I can kind of understand where both sides are coming from. I think the CL63 030 wheels are so nice...why would anyone want to replace them? This is much like the W215 CL65 wheels, which I think are pretty much perfect. However, there are so many aftermarket wheels out there that are also attractive. I think with such big cars as the CL's and S-class, that sometimes you need a 20" to 22" wheel to help visually downscale the huge proportions of these cars. The Bentley Continental GT is probably the best example of this. That car NEEDS aftermarket wheels to help its proportions and not to mention that Bentley puts lackluster wheels on from the factory.

I think the use of inflammatory terms towards other members of this forum is ill advised. We come on here to share and learn in positive ways. I appreciate Barolo posting his pictures even though I wouldn't go that route, I really like the stock 030 wheels. However, at least I know what another wheel looks like on the CL63.

Tom
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E350 Sport
screw the other comments

your car is ****ing hottt...cl will be my next car for sure...and your final project gave me some ideas for my 2008 w211...keep it up
Old 12-07-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benz and Beemers
I like it! I dont see how buying a car like this, then adding another 10-20K on top of it, can ever be ghetto. I like the lorinser rear bumper and exhaust for these cars. How would it look if you only did the lorinser rear? I think I like the OEM front bumper more than the lorinser one. Also, I would do the roof wing. Just my 2 cents. Dont listen to the haters on this forum.

Originally Posted by Barolo CLS
left to do...

Lorinser fenders
Exressions wing
code out chrome trim and badging and grill

Stay tuned!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:06 AM

i like to ride my bike
what is that badge about? never knew the CL63 was L.E.!
Old 12-08-2007, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
I don't get some of the responses on this thread. I think the car looks great. I am not sure how it looks "ghetto." If he had 22 inch spinners on it, then maybe I could see that.....

Maybe some of the cities you guys live in are behind the times. At least here in Chi, about every other car has black rims and Lorinser kits (all new S class/CL class). It's very accepted.

I am with Barolo....a stock car is boring. Why doesn't he keep the original rims on? Because every other 63 and probably a ton of normal CL's have the same rims. Rims are the first thing you notice on a car.

Something mentioned something about the Bentley GT. I have heard many people say that changing the rims from the stock ones would make the car ghetto. I think that is the general consensus with Bentleys, Rolls, etc. I like the stock rims on the GT.

Last edited by mjr24; 12-08-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:48 PM

this is my '04 Bentley GT with 22's

the stocks were the first to go.

It's actually for sale for $119K if anyone helps me sell it I'll shoot them a $750 finders fee.

10K miles on her
Attached Thumbnails new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-imga1248.jpg   new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-imga1249.jpg   new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-imga1250.jpg   new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-imga1256.jpg  
Old 12-08-2007, 04:10 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
here again is my finished project and the look I am after
Car looks HOT right now!

I think the fenders and the wing(for your finished project), especially that particular style of wing, are a little over the top. I'm not a huge fan of lorinser fenders for mercs at all. If I could, I would pass a bill saying it was illegal to make 'em But thats just me.

As far as aftermarket kits go I think the Carlsson kit is the best for the w126 CL. Here's some that I've seen on the net:

On this one I would tint those windows, put some black 22's with a chrome or brushed lip(like you have) and call it a day
Old 12-08-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benz and Beemers
That carlsson kit looks nice, but those side skirts are hideous. I hope I spelled that correctly.

Originally Posted by SteveFox
Car looks HOT right now!

I think the fenders and the wing(for your finished project), especially that particular style of wing, are a little over the top. I'm not a huge fan of lorinser fenders for mercs at all. If I could, I would pass a bill saying it was illegal to make 'em But thats just me.

As far as aftermarket kits go I think the Carlsson kit is the best for the w126 CL. Here's some that I've seen on the net:

On this one I would tint those windows, put some black 22's with a chrome or brushed lip(like you have) and call it a day
Old 12-08-2007, 06:55 PM

funny you should say that.......

A few of us are working on a solution that will work on cars with sportspackages. For those tha love the lines of the AMG OEM body but want a racier look at an affordible price (no need for a full bodykit).

I'll give you guys a sneek preview of the fender to get some opinions. Bear in mind this is merely a rough draft just showing the direction we are thinking of going.

We started with a lorinser type fender and made the gills look a bit more like the OEM Black series. We also opened up the space in between the gills to accomodate the OEM badging which we feel is very important.

Should be a few weeks until I will install this on my car and of course I'll post a few pics.

The first is the Lorinser and the second, our prototype.

Anyone with PS skills please feel free to publish your suggestions. We are continually tweaking the design daily.

The Carlsson doesnt do it for me a bit.
Attached Thumbnails new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-zoom_mbenz_5_1180030293.jpg   new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering-proto2.jpg  

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 12-08-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:56 AM

07 S550, 06 F430, 07 CGT, 08 Escalade
New mods look very good. In all honestly, I would leave the original losiner fenders alone. I love the way they look just the way they are.

Have you seen thiskit? Love or hate it. I think it looks cool in black.
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...ages.php?c=227

Last edited by KINGofRIDES; 12-09-2007 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
That Wald kit is fresh. It would look even better IMO if the paint was flattened out.

Was that a light or reflector in the rear diffuser?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
the stocks were the first to go.

It's actually for sale for $119K if anyone helps me sell it I'll shoot them a $750 finders fee.

10K miles on her
I've never been impressed with the looks of the Bentley Continental. I can see why you switched back to MB.

Last edited by trumpet1; 12-09-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by SteveFox
Car looks HOT right now!

Now this is a beauty. Best looking W216 I've seen yet.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Great mods, they look awsome Don't to the people that say keep it unmodded. the car does look good off the lot, but you made it look 100 times better.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
CLS- WOW GREAT job on that car, ONLY add the Lorinser Fenders, nothing more. and the rear tail's, darken everything except the clear part(please don't tint the whole thing if you do it)

Bentley - Wow, sorry bro, but you killed it. the wheels would of been GREAT on that car if they were NOT CHROME, never put chrome on a car that's silver unless it has something else to help level out all that silver/chrome you see. it becomes gawdy after that. sorry, just opinion.

and dont listen to people that say the classy look is better, i liked both, but this is that "break neck's" look, gotta love it when they break their necks when you come around that corner.....

ALi
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Barolo, ur car is siiickk yo. perfect mods for that beautiful beast
Old 12-11-2007, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Barolo..Love the White CL and what you have done to it, very tastefully done , just an amazing car..
Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
left to do...

Lorinser fenders
Exressions wing
code out chrome trim and badging and grill

Stay tuned!
nice! the car is complete my friend. I'm not sure what an expression wing is, but I can see a small trunk lip spoier on this car. I'd reconsider the fish gill lorinser fenders

Overall look of the car as of today is on point. Good job.

Last edited by CakeDaddy; 12-11-2007 at 02:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new pics with shoes, calipers, tint and lowering