CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Daimler Chrysler warranty experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Daimler Chrysler warranty experience

Bought the Daimler Chrysler warranty from Michael Case, 7yrs 100k for 2.7k +/-.

Had the first chance to use it this week and all went well. The MB dealer called in the problem, got a quick authorization on Monday and I picked up the car today.
I think the dealer dragged their feet in faxing (at 3pm Friday) the final bill in to Daimler so as of 5 pm the clearance hadn't arrived yet, but it was only $700 so that's my risk until Monday.

The trans mount was shot and causing a drive line vibration starting at about 68mph and growing until 82. That's gone.

Bad TPMS sensor and there you have it, $700.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CL55 AMG
Let me know how it works out, I'm sure it will be fine. We had nice weather yesterday so I drove the snot out of my car, 135 on route 131... very smooth and very nice. Today we are expecting 12-18 inches of snow so it will be a while before I get to risk my drivers license again...
Old 12-15-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Bought the Daimler Chrysler warranty from Michael Case, 7yrs 100k for 2.7k +/-.

Had the first chance to use it this week and all went well. The MB dealer called in the problem, got a quick authorization on Monday and I picked up the car today.
I think the dealer dragged their feet in faxing (at 3pm Friday) the final bill in to Daimler so as of 5 pm the clearance hadn't arrived yet, but it was only $700 so that's my risk until Monday.

The trans mount was shot and causing a drive line vibration starting at about 68mph and growing until 82. That's gone.

Bad TPMS sensor and there you have it, $700.
Is everything cover? I need a warranty also and I need a good company. Were you out of warranty? Mine is up next month.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Sorry about the snow Gary. It's 38 here in Dallas tonight and my thin blood is running cold.

Shaun, it covers everything, you need to be inside 48 months and 50k miles for them to write it. They just ask how many miles do you have and it's off from there. Do a search on the forum for Daimler warranty, there's a link to their website.

You may also want to check www.autowarrrantybrokers.com, they write a policy from Mercury Insurance group. I used them with a 911TT and they were great too.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Sorry about the snow Gary. It's 38 here in Dallas tonight and my thin blood is running cold.

Shaun, it covers everything, you need to be inside 48 months and 50k miles for them to write it. They just ask how many miles do you have and it's off from there. Do a search on the forum for Daimler warranty, there's a link to their website.

You may also want to check www.autowarrrantybrokers.com, they write a policy from Mercury Insurance group. I used them with a 911TT and they were great too.
I contacted awb ( autowarrantybroker.com ) by phone in late December about an extended warranty for my car and got a quote. I asked the girl if the 3y/36K mi warranty was effective upon date of purchase or when my current extended warranty expires (this September); when she replied that it was effective immediately, I told her that I would wait and get back to them in Sept. She said that this was probably to my advantage, and gave me her extension and name.

A few weeks later, after the first of the year, it dawned on me that my current warranty is refundable on a pro-rated basis, and so I figured that I'd look into purchasing the AWB warranty and getting a refund on the current one.

I called her back, and when she checked, she found that they would no longer write my car as of January 1st. When I pointed out to her that I had discussed waiting with her until Sept, she replied that she'd told all of her customers that things change on January 1st. I replied that she certainly hadn't told me that, or I'd have bought it. Despite my pressing her that she should keep her word, she would not honor it.

I wrote Peter Leddington, who as I found out later owns the company, and complained. He said that he would look into getting an exception for me, and asked for a good time to call me. I replied w/info, and never heard a peep from him.

So I wrote him back. Twice. No response.

I then contacted customer service, and the girl there told me he was the head of company. Amazing....she also contacted him on my behalf, multiple times, but again: Mr. Leddington never responded. (But if you do get a quote online, you will hear from them, in the form of multiple spam emails (which is how I came to write him and complain in the first place)). This is unbelieveably rude, not to mention unprofessional.

This experience gels with what brianw430 recounted in this thread: they seem to have a rather curious concept of what constitutes good customer service.

My current warranty, which I purchased through my dealership, has been fabulous. No hassles, and prompt payout to dealer--I haven't had to lift a finger to get the vehicle repaired. I doubt that this would be the case with Mr. Leddington's company.

I will be avoiding AWB like the plague after my experience and after reading about brian's.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-24-2008 at 12:39 AM.