CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Black staggered 22's for sale... feeler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by Barolo CLS
damn i hate getting owned

hes the man...can I hang out with you and Lasiter too?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 AM

2005 SL55, 2006 SLK55
What tire size did you go with and what's the width of the rim? Being that I live in Jersey where the roads aren't the greatest, I'm thinking about going for the 20's.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 PM

I would go with a 21"...google "Autocouture" and youll see the line they have using 21" wheels on both S and CL. The 21" is even the wheel of choice among CLS owners which obviously have a smaller body as well as no fender flares.

M-Concepts, custom makes 21" wheels...anything smaller you might as well stay OEM as the look wont change enough to justify the expense involved. IMHO.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Relax!!!

Man.... I'm used to read/post in CLK forum, becouse thats my aim right now..
I'm just 23 but I already prefer a cruiser than a sporty car.. (that's why I'm looking for a CLK and not an ///M bullit).. and my poor money will barely afford it..

You have a GREAT car, and if you got there (to be able to get a car like that in life) it means that you know better than anyone that you don't have to prove anything to anybody.

I think exact that when someone says that "he will smoke my CLK w/ 20"... I just think: "ok, smoke it.. i don't f#$% care..." Its is fast enough even w/ 0,00125s more in 0-60...

I'm not pushing anything here.. but I would kill for a car like your.. (and looots of peple in CLK forum - since the CL is the natural upgrade from CLK)..

enjoy your ride...

regards,

azp.

Originally Posted by Barolo CLS

As I said earlier, the issue of unsprung weight is irrelevant to 99% of the people that drive CL's; you have a technical point, just not a practical one. Unsprung weight relates to racing my friend.

It's the same argument as a spoiler lip. Do you actually beleive anyone with a CL drives their car hard enough to appreciate the benefits? It's a matter of aethetics, plain and simple.

I still have a set of OEM wheels to bring it back to stock if need be. I simply havnt felt a particular burning desire to go back to stock due to a glaring performance decrease that I noticed after the switch.

Newsflash...A few people that drive Range Rovers don't go off roading either.

Last edited by Azpinator; 03-30-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM

PannyTT, Aston Rapide, ml350
which is why people should stick with HRE reduces unsprung weight by 18%. But nonetheless you car is one HOT CL thats for sure. I personally wouldnt go larger than 21 for S and CL and wouldnt go bigger than 20s for CLS but hey do what makes you happ. My HRE for my S class just arrived i LL post some pics soon.