CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Tire Poll... how long do your tires last ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
Thumbs down Tire Poll... how long do your tires last ???

How long do your tires last ?

It would be very helpful if everyone posted the brand of tire with how many miles they get from a set.

EXAMPLE: Pzero rosso, miles: 30k front tires, 24k rears.
rears were shot and the fronts still had 2k-4k left.

POLL: https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/249712-tire-poll.html

Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 AM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
ContiSC2....rears replaced at ?8K mis....now have some 13K mis (total)....will likely need to replace all tires well before trade-in, as my '09 CL65 won't arrive until ?Sept/Oct....

Have no complaints about CL63 030 tires....well-known trade-offs of perf tires incl rapid wear and higher replacement costs....but in CA, we enjoy not having to deal w/costs, hassles, and diminished perf/precision of installing girlie winter tires/wheels for 5mos/yr (and storing summ tires/wheels) w/which our NYC/Chic friends suffer....

Biggest issue w/perf 20" tires/wheels is that MB dealers often have no/lim availability of replacement tires/wheels (anywhere in SF/LA), esp if have a flat/damaged wheel and need overnt replacement....but both F and AMG struggle w/this issue....downsides of JIT inventory and capital efficiency tactics of dealers.....
Old 06-26-2008, 10:10 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by WSH
ContiSC2....rears replaced at ?8K mis....now have some 13K mis (total)....will likely need to replace all tires well before trade-in, as my '09 CL65 won't arrive until ?Sept/Oct....

Have no complaints about CL63 030 tires....well-known trade-offs of perf tires incl rapid wear and higher replacement costs....but in CA, we enjoy not having to deal w/costs, hassles, and diminished perf/precision of installing girlie winter tires/wheels for 5mos/yr (and storing summ tires/wheels) w/which our NYC/Chic friends suffer....

Biggest issue w/perf 20" tires/wheels is that MB dealers often have no/lim availability of replacement tires/wheels (anywhere in SF/LA), esp if have a flat/damaged wheel and need overnt replacement....but both F and AMG struggle w/this issue....downsides of JIT inventory and capital efficiency tactics of dealers.....

I gave up long ago and ordered a second set of wheels and tires. Put them on my car and use the factory set as spares.

Both sets are 19" PZero Rosso's .
Old 06-26-2008, 11:23 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
Been yrs since I've ever kept any car as long as my current CL63 030; I usually get rid of any new car after 3-4 mos, both b/c I enjoy driving new, latest-tech cars...and I despise having to deal w/any mtce issues....

Whenever I've valued any car in terms of deprec costs vs mtce costs/hassles of tires/wheels/brakes/safety systems....and their unknown decay curves....have always viewed any new car as disposable after about 6mos of use....the concept of keeping any car beyond ~12mos/15K mis is about as absurd as using a >1yo smartphone, w/far greater implics for personal safety....and more annoying mtce issues....
Old 06-27-2008, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I get about 10K miles out f a set of PS2s. I also track the car, so that brings the milage down.