CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Looking for a FLINT grey CL65 !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
Looking for a FLINT grey CL65 !!!

anyone looking to sell please call me.... it must have keyless go and under 40k miles.... well taken care of.....thanks

Oh and I dont care if it is cpo or not.....

Mark

954-850-5429
Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Sorry, can't have mine. But good luck!!

Looking for a FLINT grey CL65 !!!-power-005a.jpg
Old 10-14-2008, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

I think Exotic Motors in Palatine IL has one. Not sure if there are any issues with the car.

Good luck!!!

Tom
Old 10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
http://www.exotic-motors.com/detail-...g-3467162.html

It is a lemon law buyback car. No wonder the price was lower than I would have thought (even for this market) for 30K miles.

Tom
Old 10-14-2008, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
^^ I actually bought my CL from them. They are very flexible in price. Try to negotiate with them, even so its a lemon you could get it a bit cheaper that the 45K, try maybe lowballing them. You might get away with it.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:17 AM
Banned

1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
thanks guys.....I saw it...it has no keyless go ...

Exotic is very fair with their pricing... the price they are asking is not much more then they paid at auction....I could care less about the lemon law ... It has no keyless...which is a major plus for me...

I am interested in a local car... the lady is asking $80k....funny ..she bought the car about 2 months ago for around $73k at a local Benz dealer..... the car had 22k miles and now it has 28k miles....I offered $50k....it will be worth $35k next year.....a major loss for the owner but that is the current value...besides if someone was crazy enough to pay that much money for a car without checking the current pricing... then they deserve to lose it.........I am predicting these cars to lose another 35% in the next 6 months....ones coming through the auction are ridicuously cheap....mostly because of the hard sell .....the body style and demand for the extra HP is killing the market......
Old 10-15-2008, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
Exotic is very fair with their pricing... the price they are asking is not much more then they paid at auction....I could care less about the lemon law ... It has no keyless...which is a major plus for me...

I am interested in a local car... the lady is asking $80k....funny ..she bought the car about 2 months ago for around $73k at a local Benz dealer..... the car had 22k miles and now it has 28k miles....I offered $50k....it will be worth $35k next year.....a major loss for the owner but that is the current value...besides if someone was crazy enough to pay that much money for a car without checking the current pricing... then they deserve to lose it.........I am predicting these cars to lose another 35% in the next 6 months....ones coming through the auction are ridicuously cheap....mostly because of the hard sell .....the body style and demand for the extra HP is killing the market......
In the spring- summer times they climb a bit in value as it is mostly viewed as a "summer car" lol!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by retardedmunk

Definitely get a car with keyless go. I can't even believe they made a 194K CL65 without keyless go. I can't go back after having keyless go. I even installed door locks on my home with a keypad so I don't have to use or take out a key. It is the epitomy of lazyness but it is what it is and I love it.

Larry
Old 10-15-2008, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by france2112
Definitely get a car with keyless go. I can't even believe they made a 194K CL65 without keyless go. I can't go back after having keyless go. I even installed door locks on my home with a keypad so I don't have to use or take out a key. It is the epitomy of lazyness but it is what it is and I love it.

Larry
I wanted Keyless Go but I bought mine without it. I never had it so I don't miss it. For me Parktronic was the deal breaker. After having 3 cars with some sort of parking sensors it was impossible for me to go with one without it... you end up relying on hearing the beeps. My car also has distronic which is highly overrated and at time frustrating when it cuts your speed too far out from the car in front of you.

I think the pricing may stabilize a bit. You have to remember that right now some of the early cars are now out of their factory warranty. That is probably the reason that the auction prices have dipped so significantly (along with the economy) recently. I think expecting a further 35% drop in the next 6 months is a little optimistic. These cars parted out are worth more than $45K... and at a certain point people may just do that.

Tom
Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I wanted Keyless Go but I bought mine without it. I never had it so I don't miss it. For me Parktronic was the deal breaker. After having 3 cars with some sort of parking sensors it was impossible for me to go with one without it... you end up relying on hearing the beeps. My car also has distronic which is highly overrated and at time frustrating when it cuts your speed too far out from the car in front of you.

I think the pricing may stabilize a bit. You have to remember that right now some of the early cars are now out of their factory warranty. That is probably the reason that the auction prices have dipped so significantly (along with the economy) recently. I think expecting a further 35% drop in the next 6 months is a little optimistic. These cars parted out are worth more than $45K... and at a certain point people may just do that.

Tom
You would think this car had keyless standard for a 150 grand.
I never use mine, but then I don't massage my *** or watch TV. It's a car
meant for driving, but if other cars have it ,so have MB's.
However I never used distronic until recently, your right, when a car pulls out
it does rather cut your speed to far out. But in slow moving traffic it's brilliant.
Also I drove around 15 miles on a motorway/freeway once that had hardly any
traffic with it set on 90, I tell you it takes guts not to touch the brake pedal when your catching something, but you must have faith, at the end of the journey my car had slowed just before a roundabout to about 50, but then it started slowing quickly I had to go for the brake. Hate to think what my blood pressure was at the end of the journey.!!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 PM

Tom
Hey Tom. Get keyless go on your next car and you won't look back. I also agree with the parking sensors. I actually went one step further. Because I had a bad experience curbing the front of my old 2003 CL55, I installed both front and rear cameras on my CL65. When I am approaching a high curb or parking space concrete separator, I push a button on my navigation unit and it shows a view from just above my front license plate. It is very cool. When I put my car in reverse it show a rear view just above my rear license plate. I have a Kenwood DNX8120 head unit with bluetooth, sirius, the stock bose and an Alpine 12 inch sub-woofer, two Alpine amplifiers, and as described front and rear cameras. I'm a gadget nerd.

I also have distronic and actually like it. As long as you get use to using it and understand the nuances, it makes longer trips on the highway more enjoyable IMO.

Larry
Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by france2112
Hey Tom. Get keyless go on your next car and you won't look back. I also agree with the parking sensors. I actually went one step further. Because I had a bad experience curbing the front of my old 2003 CL55, I installed both front and rear cameras on my CL65. When I am approaching a high curb or parking space concrete separator, I push a button on my navigation unit and it shows a view from just above my front license plate. It is very cool. When I put my car in reverse it show a rear view just above my rear license plate. I have a Kenwood DNX8120 head unit with bluetooth, sirius, the stock bose and an Alpine 12 inch sub-woofer, two Alpine amplifiers, and as described front and rear cameras. I'm a gadget nerd.

I also have distronic and actually like it. As long as you get use to using it and understand the nuances, it makes longer trips on the highway more enjoyable IMO.

Larry

That is a great idea with the cameras. Although, I have always been hesitant to mess with the electronics of a car. Just last week I went over a parking space concrete seperator with my suspension fully raised. I cleared it on the way in. On the way out, I caught on it somehow and it caused the front valence to crack on the side (a nice three inches) and the paint somehow came off at the point it was flexing. If I had the camera I wouldn't have gone over the seperator to begin with....arghhhhh.

Tom
Old 10-16-2008, 07:25 PM

That is a great idea with the cameras. Although, I have always been hesitant to mess with the electronics of a car. Just last week I went over a parking space concrete seperator with my suspension fully raised. I cleared it on the way in. On the way out, I caught on it somehow and it caused the front valence to crack on the side (a nice three inches) and the paint somehow came off at the point it was flexing. If I had the camera I wouldn't have gone over the seperator to begin with....arghhhhh.

Tom
That totally SUX!! Sorry to hear that. I can take pictures of my head unit and the cameras if you are interested. It is really easy for a quality car stereo place to install everything and I love my car so much more with all the gadgets. I also changed out all my speakers to alpine and it sounds amazing.

By the way, I'm getting my windows tinted this weekend with Formula One Ceramic tint.

Larry