CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

iPhone 3g & CL63 iPod Kit Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLS450, 2021 Porsche 911 Cab
iPhone 3g & CL63 iPod Kit Fix

If anyone is looking to charge and play music from their iphone 3g this devices will do the trick. The new version of the iphone is not compatible with our ipod adapters. This lil converter will solve this problem. It was tested in a CL63 assume it will also work in the S class.

http://www.cablejive.com/iphone_3g_c...converter.html

Last edited by deniska; 01-12-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
The Scosche will do the same thing and works with my 3G iphone and factory installed iPod kit in my 2007 E63.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...mco=MjE1MDc5OQ
Old 04-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 S550
How to select different songs, artists, etc., with iPhone 3G

Quote:
The new version of the iphone is not compatible with our ipod adapters.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 2009 S550. I use the CableJive charger converter all the time and it works well. I have no problem connecting my iPhone 3G to the iPod adapter and playing music through the speaker system in a shuffle mode. The name of the song, artist, etc., comes up on the Instrument Information Center but not on the COMAND screen. COMAND screen just stays blank with AUX highlighted. I can adjust the volume with the + and - buttons on the steering wheel but I have not figured out how to change songs (i.e., go to next track), go to Artist, Genre, or use any of the other iPod-like features that are built into the iPhone 3G with any of the gadgets on the S550 steering wheel. The only way I can change things is manually on the iPhone itself. Bummer! Has anyone figured out a way to actually integrate the iPhone 3G with the COMAND AUX system to be useful?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 - CL63 - 030
Originally Posted by stutenn
Quote:
The new version of the iphone is not compatible with our ipod adapters.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 2009 S550. I use the CableJive charger converter all the time and it works well. I have no problem connecting my iPhone 3G to the iPod adapter and playing music through the speaker system in a shuffle mode. The name of the song, artist, etc., comes up on the Instrument Information Center but not on the COMAND screen. COMAND screen just stays blank with AUX highlighted. I can adjust the volume with the + and - buttons on the steering wheel but I have not figured out how to change songs (i.e., go to next track), go to Artist, Genre, or use any of the other iPod-like features that are built into the iPhone 3G with any of the gadgets on the S550 steering wheel. The only way I can change things is manually on the iPhone itself. Bummer! Has anyone figured out a way to actually integrate the iPhone 3G with the COMAND AUX system to be useful?
Nope.. afraid it doesn't exist. I got so fed up with it, I just converted the charger to an aux cable and plug it directly into the iPhone so I can control the iPhone outside of the MB interface. Really a shame.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:07 PM

2009 S550
Angry

Originally Posted by adamrogers
Nope.. afraid it doesn't exist. I got so fed up with it, I just converted the charger to an aux cable and plug it directly into the iPhone so I can control the iPhone outside of the MB interface. Really a shame.
After going to the dealership and listening to folks on this thread, I realized I could use the various steering wheel buttons to control artist, song, genre, album, previous, next and volume for the iPhone even though it only shows up in the instrument cluster. What fascinates me is that if you plug an iPod into an E-class, you get all the goodies on the COMAND screen. Maybe you do with the iPhone, too, I don't know. But we tried plugging an iPod into the iPod cable on the S-class and no luck! You still only get the song info on the instrument cluster. If that isn't the stupidest thing ever! It works on a $50k car but not on a $100k car. What are they thinking? Let's see a software upgrade for the S-class COMAND system that does what it's supposed to do...in case anyone from MB reads this forum.