CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

not able to open doors with remote in the mornings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 amg
not able to open doors with remote in the mornings

i have an issue and was hoping someone can help me figure this out. every morning i have to press the unlock button on my 2003 cl55 about 40 times or more like for about 5 min for it to open the doors. interesting thing is that during the day i do not have this issue and it seems to be after the car is parked for about 6hrs or more. I just recently changed the batteries in my remote thinking this was the issue but i guess that didn't help either. has anyone had or heard of someone having a similar issue? one more thing if this helps, the light on the remote blinks every time i press a button but no response from the car. thank you all in advance for your help.

Vick S.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
I think you should be checking the condition of the battery in the vehicle.

JDB
Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 PM

2003 cl55 amg
so i called the dealer and explained the issue and was told it might be the amplifier for the receiver in the car. what i dont understand about that is how does it go bad only in the mornings and not during the day? anyone have an idea if this sounds right?
thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
I still think you should be checking out the vehicle's battery condition. If it is marginal, or if there is some sort of drain occurring during the evening while the car is parked, that would cause the battery condition to be too weak to operate all of the electrical items that are necessary to open the doors (mirrors, windows, etc.). After you drive the car for a while, the battery condition will improve as a result of the charging that has occurred because of the alternator.

The surface charge might be just enough to get you through the day, and then when left parked overnight, it burns off, again.

JDB
Old 08-02-2008, 06:33 PM

2003 cl55 amg
thank you for the advice, i will get the battery checked out this weekend. before i do i have a question, if the battery was that low to open the doors then how come i don't have trouble starting the car once it does? also something strange happened today, i pulled on the door handle and the door opened but when i would put the key in the ignition nothing would happen, at the same time i turned on the radio and it was working just fine. basically the car wasn't reading the key. once i get the battery checked out and if its fine I'm probably gonna have the dealer check the key.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
Could be an issue with your EIS(electronic ignition switch), as I have seen temperature related issues with a couple of EIS's.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:18 PM

2003 cl55 amg
is there a way for me to check the EIS system myself or is it something only the dealer can do?
thank you for all your help

Trending Topics

Old 08-10-2008, 12:18 AM

2003 cl55 amg
i did some more research and it seems like its defiantly the EIS. there is another post here and they described the same exact issue i was having. thank you OLDSCHOOLRICE, you where right.....
now the hard part paying for it lol
Old 08-13-2008, 09:04 PM

SL55
Sounds like the EIS to me as well. I have an SL55 and had the exact same problem. It was a nightmare for the dealership to figure out and repair, they kept shorting out the new switches. Finally they had to send the ignition to Mercedes for them to reprogram. At first they thought it was a battery issue, then a keyless go issue and then finally the EIS. Car was in the shop for almost 2 weeks for that problem. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by vm2001
i have an issue and was hoping someone can help me figure this out. every morning i have to press the unlock button on my 2003 cl55 about 40 times or more like for about 5 min for it to open the doors. interesting thing is that during the day i do not have this issue and it seems to be after the car is parked for about 6hrs or more. I just recently changed the batteries in my remote thinking this was the issue but i guess that didn't help either. has anyone had or heard of someone having a similar issue? one more thing if this helps, the light on the remote blinks every time i press a button but no response from the car. thank you all in advance for your help.

Vick S.
It takes me 3 cups of coffee to wake up in the morning, but 40 times does seem a bit extreme...
Old 04-11-2009, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Any updates on your remote?

My car started off with these symptoms and now it is DEAD. I have to have the remote right next to the door to unlock it or Pointing at the IR square. Otherwise it will not unlock.

I have a fuse chart and checked the fuses I thought to check. Does anyone know of Which fuse exactly needed to be checked?

ALi