CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

RENNtech CL65 with only airbox and tune, runs 10.98 @ 127

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by SGC
Had 1/2 tank of 93 and added 4 gallons of 100 at track.

Tom and Dsmed are absolutely correct, the 65 cars have much more potential. A lot of power is pulled on the shifts to preserve the trans.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
SGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL65
Originally Posted by vrus
SGC, Congrats!! Awesome time for a tune and airbox!

------------------------------------------------

You have to keep in mind that Marko's car is severely limited right now. He is running a base tune that is nowhere near dialed in.

ECU takes throttle away and backs off timing before each shift. Car shifts 3 times during 1/4mile, and it takes 3secs for the car to go back to full throttle each time this happens. That means, out of 10.70sec, the car is not at full throttle for basically 9sec.

VRP TCU is going into Marko's car to remedy that.

Thanks VRUS. Nice work on Marko's car.

My 65 is experiencing the same throttle/timing reduction on the shifts. I think the quarter mile potential of these cars has barely been tapped, considering how much throttle is taken away during a pass.

Good luck with the TCU programming.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
My 65 is experiencing the same throttle/timing reduction on the shifts.
It gets exponentially worse as you add power. TCU upgrade (removal of limiters) does wonders for this issue. I think your car can run equal times to my car with proper tuning only. I also believe that my car can run a sub 10.50 as it sits with proper tuning.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
Nice run Steve...

Going FAST with CLASS..... that use to be the motto for the Grand Nationals....I have 3 of those also....another car that is insane when tapped into...

I agree with the ability of these cars... BUT I am wondering when the breaking point is on the DRIVETRAINS?

I will bet the tranny can take maybe 60% or more then what the engineers thought it could....and how about torque tranSfer? How much do you think the rearend and driveshaft will be able to hold? I am curious about all of this... because I already know the cars are overengineered... but now I think they are a freak of engineering....and at a silly price to boot.......I guess we will find out over time......

10's in a car with air conditioned and messaging seats ...and a silent idle.........

WOW.....

BUT THEY ARE RARE so be kind to them.......they truly are not disposable...