CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

'03 CL55 - CEL (4 hrs away from service area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009 | 09:20 AM

'03 CL55 AMG
'03 CL55 - CEL (4 hrs away from service area)

Good Morning!

Here's hoping someone can help/guide me. I'm 4 hours away (at the relatives home for a funeral) from any type of decent service station.

The CEL cam on last night but the car (at that time) still had adequate power and response. There is still about 1/3 tank of gas in it and I have not filled it since leaving home yesterday.

Is this anything to be concerned about for the next day or so? Is there anything I can do until I get home (where I can take it to a service station).

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2009 | 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by FrozenAMG
Good Morning!

Here's hoping someone can help/guide me. I'm 4 hours away (at the relatives home for a funeral) from any type of decent service station.

The CEL cam on last night but the car (at that time) still had adequate power and response. There is still about 1/3 tank of gas in it and I have not filled it since leaving home yesterday.

Is this anything to be concerned about for the next day or so? Is there anything I can do until I get home (where I can take it to a service station).

Thanks!
You should be ok until you get home if that is the only thing you see (i.e. smoke from engine, leaks under the car, fuel smell, etc...). If you can find an independent MB ASE trained mechanic in the phone book, they should have an OBD-II diagnostic scanner that could identify the CEL codes. They should know what the codes mean or you can come back here and post codes and see if someone can figure them out.

Heck...even an autoparts store might lend you a OBD-II scanner to plug in and you could find out what CEL codes have been triggered.

Good luck and stay safe.

Jon
Old 04-07-2009 | 07:32 PM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by FrozenAMG
Good Morning!

Thanks!
Your probably cool, but try to pay special attention to everything, and watch out for "red lights".... those are the no good ones...... but sometimes the worst stuff happens with no light or warning..... like smoke coming from ur engine.... (I know).... so this is something you should practice all the time..... could just be a sensor