CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

WTF is wrong: P0106 and P0505 codes and rough idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 (sold)
WTF is wrong: P0106 and P0505 codes and rough idle

P0106: P0106 - MAP/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0505: P0505-Idle control system malfunction

Car stumbles at stop lights usually after driving about 15 minutes or so, but sometimes immediately, seems to get worse as I drive tho.... there is wondering rpm at idle (hesitation, usually goes up in rpm from 550 to about 700 and then back down, but not all of the time.... again, seems to show it's ugly head after driving 4 about 15 minutes or so) and slightly rough shifts.... Vacuum leak or bad throttle body or something else to check? Had throttle body knife edged, could that be the problem that is throwing codes?.... whatever it is, I don't like it. Do have auto enginuity scan tool but am not extremely mechanical, so if there is something else I could check to determine WTF is up, please let me know.... thnx in advance.

Last edited by jicl55; 06-12-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:49 PM

2003 cl55 (sold)
anybody
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
with the P0507 code i have my idle doesnt bounce. but the car bucks and when i pull over it stops responding to the pedal. my pedal was replaced with a new one about a month ago so that's out. car has been at the dealer and they could not get it to do it, but i got a call this morning saying the tech that took it home saw it happening (finally). service manager(who is also working on the car himself) called me this morning asking if I had a larger TB on them car. I said yes and he asked me for the part number of the one I used because they are going to replace it.

I was a bit suprised that they are going to continue working on it. I will let you know when I hear something.

Try to take care of your 106 code as it may be causing the other one. If your MAP is acting up that will def cause driveability issues.

Last edited by prodigymb; 06-24-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
For me the P0106 was caused by the Y-Pipe that attaches to the TB was not on properly due to the flimsy plastic tabs that broke off that secure it to the TB. I made a custom bracket and now it's on TIGHT. Cleared the code and hasn't came back on since (been 300 miles)

As for the P0507 code, for me it was the TB wiring. The TB extension harness that connects from the TB to the harness (about 2ft long) was defective some how and the pin connectors were bad. That was dealt with and after the TB needed re-adaptation. Cleared the code and didn't come back. Hope it doesn't.

All is good now. Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
P0106 came back with the same rough idle
Replaced MAP, problems still persists.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:59 PM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by benz_addict
I posted in the other thread about what it was for me and what it may be for you, so check it.... hopefully it may help.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM

Ford
Good news everyone! I've figured out a way to use two different watch / unwatched overlays so now I can add them to the text-based lists. Update soon!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
What was the outcome of this?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Was this ever resolved?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
couple of Benzos
wonder if anyone ever found the solution for this issues
Old 03-25-2014, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
My CL had similar symptoms to the ones described by the O.P. years ago when the car was under warranty.

Unforunately, it turned out that whatever happened caused a piston to crack straight along the top about 3/4 of the way across. The tech showed me the piston once the head was removed personally because he was in shock, I remember him telling me he had never seen it happen on another 55K motor.

Since you cannot order single pistons from MB, an entire set of internals was ordered and installed as well as most of the other top end components. It was all cleaned and degreased and put back together.

I can't remember exactly, but this process alone took about a month maybe more.

They had provided me a nice brand new ML 350 4matic loaner to beat on since I was friendly with the dealership owner and many of the staff and techs, so I didn't mind too much. It was nice to have a new Merecdes truck I didn't have to worry or particularly care too much about as I had with the CL.

So I get the call to come pick up my CL after this long wait, and I'm on my way to the dealership and I get a call as I pull in from my SA and he's like you aren't going to be happy.

I went inside anxiously only to be told that at some point between driving it from the washing area (down the block) to the service pick up, the transmission, or some large part of it (for whatever reason I still don't know) had fallen out of the bottom of the car and that the entire transmission was now going to be replaced!!

I couldn't believe it, but the service manager and head tech came out to tell me that they took full responsibility for it and that it was clearly an error on their part and that it would get resolved but it would take some time for a new transmission to arrive.

It was a good thing I had that ML boy because winter was just about to start and lucky me, I didn't have an AWD car at the time so the CL would have been sitting in the garage anyway.

I had it figured that, even with as bad as this seems when you first hear it the truth is that I've basically gotten half a new motor and an brand new transmission out of this and a new ML 4mat loaner beater for the winter to boot! Really not terrible when it comes down to it. Like I said, I wouldn't be driving the CL in the winter anyhow.

Right before Spring hits I get the call that she's finally all set. I get there and get myself re aquianted since it had really been so long since I'd last driven it. Everything was in order, I turned over my ML beater ( I put a good 4k on this thing!) and went on my way with my 3/4 new CL55

You really gotta love these cars to put up with this ***** tho, am I right?