CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Ride height sensor part number please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500 custom
Ride height sensor part number please

Hi can anyone help me out with a part number for the rear ABC ride height sensors. Need both rear numbers (if not the same), regards.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
Originally Posted by sortedcl500
Hi can anyone help me out with a part number for the rear ABC ride height sensors. Need both rear numbers (if not the same), regards.

what happened man? did you brake both rear sensors? trying to lowered your car huh?
https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...ml#post3759036

i searched there's no avail part # for the sensor...go ask your dealership..
the sensor are banks..though..

here a pic. not so clear.. but you get the idea..
btw.. buy the lowering kit from adjustableairride.com comes with instruction so its "idiot proof" lol...

good luck..

duma

Old 10-16-2009, 08:31 AM

cl500 custom
Hi Viet, I had the proper lowering links for the rear. (fully adjustable etc). But one rear sensor is damaged and the other is not putting out the correct voltage. This has happened on other peoples cars whilst fitting links, where the sensors just dont like to be fiddled with and the car would throw the "white" abc warning at 60kph. I have read almost every thread regarding fitting lowering links and is not 100% failsafe. Most cars which have been on the road for a few years and the sensors have been undisturbed might just need slight manipulation to become faulty thereafter. Im not saying this is related to lowering links, but ageing sensors that dont like to be moved around too much. So its worth thinking about. If your sensors are old they my not like to be played around with. Expensive lesson just learned.

Also my car was throwing the white abc error even though I had fitted the link arms to the sensors the correct way the first time round. I also posted pics from this forum of 2 different ways to attach the rear links to the sensor arms, but no-one (even though everyone claims to be able to fit these links with their eyes closed) was willing to help. Viet excluded. There is disinformation on this forum regarding the rear sensor link arm attachment pics. I have attached pics in a previous thread regarding which way round they should e fitted as both members say theres is right (respectively). (also the reason for determining if I had done it right was to find out why my white abc error kept coming on, but mine were fitted correctly just my sensor was dead)

Last edited by sortedcl500; 10-16-2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: more info
Old 10-16-2009, 02:58 PM

Pinto
Hi Viet, I had the proper lowering links for the rear. (fully adjustable etc). But one rear sensor is damaged and the other is not putting out the correct voltage. This has happened on other peoples cars whilst fitting links, where the sensors just dont like to be fiddled with and the car would throw the "white" abc warning at 60kph. I have read almost every thread regarding fitting lowering links and is not 100% failsafe. Most cars which have been on the road for a few years and the sensors have been undisturbed might just need slight manipulation to become faulty thereafter. Im not saying this is related to lowering links, but ageing sensors that dont like to be moved around too much. So its worth thinking about. If your sensors are old they my not like to be played around with. Expensive lesson just learned.

Also my car was throwing the white abc error even though I had fitted the link arms to the sensors the correct way the first time round. I also posted pics from this forum of 2 different ways to attach the rear links to the sensor arms, but no-one (even though everyone claims to be able to fit these links with their eyes closed) was willing to help. Viet excluded. There is disinformation on this forum regarding the rear sensor link arm attachment pics. I have attached pics in a previous thread regarding which way round they should e fitted as both members say theres is right (respectively). (also the reason for determining if I had done it right was to find out why my white abc error kept coming on, but mine were fitted correctly just my sensor was dead)

sorry to hear that...yeah this forum is dead, not alot of traffic..

don't feel bad you not only one, many people break their height sensor all the time, * especially rear*..

at your first thread i was going to be an *** saying..." damn you idiot, reverse order" lol but i saw u new here so i hold back ..sorry

anyways so i guess you have everything figured out right...so buy new sensor and slap it on...

welcome to the forum bro..
Old 10-17-2009, 02:02 AM

cl500 custom
thanks

Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
sorry to hear that...yeah this forum is dead, not alot of traffic..

don't feel bad you not only one, many people break their height sensor all the time, * especially rear*..

at your first thread i was going to be an *** saying..." damn you idiot, reverse order" lol but i saw u new here so i hold back ..sorry

anyways so i guess you have everything figured out right...so buy new sensor and slap it on...

welcome to the forum bro..
Old 10-17-2009, 04:34 AM

cl500 custom
slap the part on

I was gona just plug the sensors in and start her up, but I dont want to risk my ABC ecu, which I have already had to replace once already (2years ago). Apparently the ABC ecu can only handle so many faults before it begins to lock up (fuzzy logic), so I am having SDS to change the range for the sensors, so when I have it as low as possible it wont throw any warning errors. Hope this info helps anyone else fitting or lowering their cars via mechanical sensor manipulation.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:28 AM

Pinto
I was gona just plug the sensors in and start her up, but I dont want to risk my ABC ecu, which I have already had to replace once already (2years ago). Apparently the ABC ecu can only handle so many faults before it begins to lock up (fuzzy logic), so I am having SDS to change the range for the sensors, so when I have it as low as possible it wont throw any warning errors. Hope this info helps anyone else fitting or lowering their cars via mechanical sensor manipulation.
what you trying to say man? my car is slammed with links, nothing wrong with it..

you just had bad luck or your car is prozzzest.... hehehehe
Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 AM

cl500 custom
viet_amg

Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
what you trying to say man? my car is slammed with links, nothing wrong with it..

you just had bad luck or your car is prozzzest.... hehehehe
Viet do you ever sleep or just follow this thread ? lol. My car had logged multiple faults from the sensors, yes in general you should be able to just plug them in and go, but mine needs the fault codes cleared first. And yes, I think the whole world knows your car is slammed. Again, just in case anyone is actually following this thread, its NOT the links that caused my problem. My problem was caused by ageing sensors. Remember it was the final straw which broke the donkey's back.

Oh did I mention your car is slammed Viet ? I must have overlooked it