CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Aftermarket Subwoofers for CL's???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55 AMG
Aftermarket Subwoofers for CL's???

Has anyone tried replacing the stock subwoofer with an aftermarket one? If so can you hear it through the trunk, or would you need to pull out the existing sub in the top deck as a place for sound to pass. I know BASS is omnidirectional, but I imagine (and would hope) that Mercedes has some serious sound dampening between the rear seat and trunk compartments. Thanks for any advice, pictures or video!!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:52 PM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Put 2 12s in the trunk... just my opinion.... if you want bass do it right the first time.... Have 2 JL Audio WO3s in JL Audio cabinet, replaced interior speakers with Alpine and Focal, 7" Alpine touchscreen with ipod hidden in armrest, and 2 alpine amps hidden in trunk... 1 for interior speakers and 1 for the subs..... hits hard and clean.... and pulled that crappy stock paper sub out of there... (not that bad of a sub but with upgrades, it's just not going to hang)....

Originally Posted by MrStyle25
Has anyone tried replacing the stock subwoofer with an aftermarket one? If so can you hear it through the trunk, or would you need to pull out the existing sub in the top deck as a place for sound to pass. I know BASS is omnidirectional, but I imagine (and would hope) that Mercedes has some serious sound dampening between the rear seat and trunk compartments. Thanks for any advice, pictures or video!!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:16 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by jicl55
Put 2 12s in the trunk... just my opinion.... if you want bass do it right the first time.... Have 2 JL Audio WO3s in JL Audio cabinet, replaced interior speakers with Alpine and Focal, 7" Alpine touchscreen with ipod hidden in armrest, and 2 alpine amps hidden in trunk... 1 for interior speakers and 1 for the subs..... hits hard and clean.... and pulled that crappy stock paper sub out of there... (not that bad of a sub but with upgrades, it's just not going to hang)....
Damn! You know your systems..

I replaced the stock sub with another one and added a bluakpunkt amp in the trunk... I throw most the yams into horsepower..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 AM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Damn! You know your systems..

I replaced the stock sub with another one and added a bluakpunkt amp in the trunk... I throw most the yams into horsepower..
Well, my system was expensive as hell, but worth every penny, I love the setup and it helps complete the whole package! Also have integrated valentine 1 and backup camera.... toot toot (my horn) I'm not faster than you, but am louder, so I win on one front...... finally....
Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 cl55 amg Renntech air box w/ K&N's LET 180 pulley & Tune, HE & Pump, 3'' Exhaust res/cat delete
can you post some pics looking to do some audio work on my cl actually by next week.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:36 AM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by silvercl55
can you post some pics looking to do some audio work on my cl actually by next week.
Sorry, just saw this, but here is a old thread where I posted some pics a while ago, just go to the bottom and you'll see: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-info-pix.html

....and let me put in a plug for the best audio place in the country: La Jolla Audio..... Google 'em. Top, top notch work. I would never get any work done by anyone else, and worth making a trip to if you want some stuff done right. Top $, but also top notch work. Basically only work on high ends and exotics.