CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Lowering CL Vitt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63
Lowering CL Vitt

Hello Guys, I would like to know what is the best way to lower the car? I got CL 63 AMG 2009 and i installed the VITT body kit with Forgiato Wheels 22 inches

as the photos please give me recommendations and the name of the company which provides the lowering module or link

I appreciate your help
Attached Thumbnails Lowering CL Vitt-1-30-_edited-1.jpg   Lowering CL Vitt-1-2-_edited-1.jpg   Lowering CL Vitt-1-38-.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL550 , CL6.3 AMG
RENNTECH V3
Old 04-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2007 CLK63 Cab
Links. Fully adjustable so the vehicle can be set to the exact ride height you want.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:19 AM

Pinto
why would one go with modules. cost thousands of $$$

the adjustable links do the same SH*t...actually better.....and only few hundreds...
Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
why would one go with modules. cost thousands of $$$

the adjustable links do the same SH*t...actually better.....and only few hundreds...

Well there are a few reasons why someone would want to do a lowering module as to links.

first and foremost the modules are not thousands of dollars, they are all roughly around $1300.

With the lowering modules you would be able to quickly and easily adjust the ride height, as to having to jack up the vehicle to make the ride height changes. Also if you wanted to fine tune the ride height, you would simply be able to adjust the height easily until you are completely satisfied with the current stance.

With the link's yes you would be able to ultimately get the ride height you prefer but after how many amounts of jacking the car up and change each link? Most customers I know simply install and try to adjust it once or twice because they no longer want to deal with the hassle of changing the length if each link, and end up settling where the vehicles sits.

with the RENNtech V2 which we will offer the remote for free, all you simply do after the installation is either turn a knob or use the remote.

On the V3, all that is needed is for one to plug in a labtop via USB and play with the ride heights.

For some the links are perfect for what they want to achieve, for others the lowering modules are perfered.

However for most of our customers, the time saved, the ease of alterations, and the ability to change the ride heights on a fly is more important then saving a few hundred dollars. Also the ability to simply turn off the lowering module if they wish when they service the vehicle at the dealer is also a major bonus.

Let us know if we can help with you any lowering modules.

We have the RENNtech V2 and V3 instock, as well as the plug and play carlsson unit.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:42 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
Well there are a few reasons why someone would want to do a lowering module as to links.

first and foremost the modules are not thousands of dollars, they are all roughly around $1300.

With the lowering modules you would be able to quickly and easily adjust the ride height, as to having to jack up the vehicle to make the ride height changes. Also if you wanted to fine tune the ride height, you would simply be able to adjust the height easily until you are completely satisfied with the current stance.

With the link's yes you would be able to ultimately get the ride height you prefer but after how many amounts of jacking the car up and change each link? Most customers I know simply install and try to adjust it once or twice because they no longer want to deal with the hassle of changing the length if each link, and end up settling where the vehicles sits.

with the RENNtech V2 which we will offer the remote for free, all you simply do after the installation is either turn a knob or use the remote.

On the V3, all that is needed is for one to plug in a labtop via USB and play with the ride heights.

For some the links are perfect for what they want to achieve, for others the lowering modules are perfered.

However for most of our customers, the time saved, the ease of alterations, and the ability to change the ride heights on a fly is more important then saving a few hundred dollars. Also the ability to simply turn off the lowering module if they wish when they service the vehicle at the dealer is also a major bonus.

Let us know if we can help with you any lowering modules.

We have the RENNtech V2 and V3 instock, as well as the plug and play carlsson unit.

Either you don't know what you talking about or you trying to miss info people...

I can adjust my height using a "button" call "Raise" not Jacking up the car to make adjustment...

I would be more then happy to take a pics and show you.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 AM

GL550 , CL6.3 AMG
How much for RennTech V2+remote and V3+remote.
And what is the difference between V2 and V3?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Banned

Either you don't know what you talking about or you trying to miss info people...

I can adjust my height using a "button" call "Raise" not Jacking up the car to make adjustment...

I would be more then happy to take a pics and show you.
Actually no misinformation here, but you may want to reread and rethink what I am saying.

All airmatic or ABC vehicles will have the ability to use the vehicle raise button available with or without lowering links or a module.

Now, the great ability of lowering a airmatic or ABC vehicle, is that you can use the same kit to lower your vehicle 10mm, or 70mm.

Now my question for you, if you are using lowering links and after you install the links the drop just isn't enough for you, what do you need to do to lower the vehicle when you want it lower when on the lowest setting? Please explain to all of us what you must to do change the settings on links to lower the vehicle even more then your original setting.

Also how difficult is it to make sure that both the left and the right side are of the same height.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:59 AM

Pinto
you're right, i misread what you wrote <T_T>

I guess it depends on People.

Lets just say, if one are not lazy or not afraid to work on their car get the links..

If One wants a moderate lowering go with modules..

Enough said..

No modules can get your at this height lol
Old 05-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63
Thanks Guys for your help Its really appreciated. at the end i bought Renntech V3 its just perfect and covers my needs, it does even more than what i need. easy and so. but I have a problem in there, the system shows me an Error says

ABC
MANlfuction

so my question is for those who own renntech v3 do they face such problem? or is this normal? shall i just ignore it or there is something wrong with the installation. i've checked it used the software but the problem is still in there i can control the car as much as want all tires front and rear but that ABC thingy

thanks in advance guys
Old 05-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DubaiCL
Thanks Guys for your help Its really appreciated. at the end i bought Renntech V3 its just perfect and covers my needs, it does even more than what i need. easy and so. but I have a problem in there, the system shows me an Error says

ABC
MANlfuction

so my question is for those who own renntech v3 do they face such problem? or is this normal? shall i just ignore it or there is something wrong with the installation. i've checked it used the software but the problem is still in there i can control the car as much as want all tires front and rear but that ABC thingy

thanks in advance guys
Error in the installation. You should not have that error.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

you're right, i misread what you wrote <T_T>

I guess it depends on People.

Lets just say, if one are not lazy or not afraid to work on their car get the links..

If One wants a moderate lowering go with modules..

Enough said..

No modules can get your at this height lol
Thats all I was saying, everyone has a preference in terms of what they want and what they want it to do for them. the V2 will not get a car that low, but the V3 will. Great looking rims, and from your sig car looks great!