CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

ABC Drive Carefull and Gas Tank Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55

Well, it finally happened. Got the dreaded "Active Body, Drive Carfull" message the other day after washing the car. Would not clear the message that day so off the dealer she went. Car looked ok, no dropping or anything like that. Made it to the dealer okay. They said message was pointing out value and sensor so they replace and then tried the rodeo procedure. That's when the car started the rodeo and never came back up. Guess the pump was on the last leg and went out when they stessed it. Good thing it is there when it happened. Now new pump is getting put in has well. Warranty is covering all but my deductable thank goodness.

Question: I have a "spitting" noise coming from the gas tank. Anyone had this? Dealer says they can't hear it but I think it is just hard for them to make a case to the warrantly co. on and small sound like that. No error codes or other issues with it, just the noise.

Last edited by atwalker; 09-13-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:14 PM

2004 CL55
This seems like a good time to mention this. After 93,000 miles I finally have this too! Car rode very high and floaty, like it was on a cloud. Off to the dealer she went. I'll report back with the final bill.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM

2004 CL55
After 93,000 miles I finally have this too! Car rode very high and floaty, like it was on a cloud. Off to the dealer she went. I'll report back with the final bill.
WOw just got the car back - - sport mode is MUCH more noticeable, of course it should be considering my problem was a failing pump AND leaky lines. Anyway, basically redid the fancy suspension. Cost about $4500 after some discounts. By far the biggest fix I ever did, however, I've had the car three years and about 40,000 miles, so I'm not complaining
Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM

2003 CL55
Got mine back on Friday the feels much better. Not has soft on sport mode is what I have noticed the most. Mine turned out to be serveral things. Got two new front struts, new pump, new front value, and fluid/filter. Couple other things fixed has well (parking sensor, trunk opener/closer struts and surp. belt.). About $9800 but warranty pickup all but about $500.