CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Driving Academy Inflexibility?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG
Driving Academy Inflexibility?

Took delivery of a new CL63 AMG the day before Thanksgiving and subsequently saw that the Driving Academy offered a free day of instruction along with the purchase. There was a catch though -- delivery of the car had to be after Dec. 31, 2010. That made me ineligible. Seems a bit arbitrary. I wrote the Driving Academy an email re: my situation asking if there was any wiggle room. That was several days ago and I have yet to hear from them. Something tells me they're not gonna give a crap and I'm SOL. Kind of a crappy attitude to have toward someone who's bought 10 MBZ's since 1980 and who just dropped a pantsload of $$ on this new one. Anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to partake of this opportunity or am I being unreasonable to expect a slight bending of the policy?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
The PL is offering a discounted program currently 20-25% off.
The rules are the rules--sucks for lots of us who took delivery of 2011s before this deadline.
They should not have released this info until after December 31 IMO.
I gotta say that since you can afford such a car you can absorb paying for the Academy easier than some, I know it's nice to get a freebie when you can, but it's their rules and they gotta draw the line somewhere.
I paid for my May date already--would have been nicer if it was free, but at least I took advantage of the 25% off.
Personally, I think they should have offered the training for free for all 2011 AMGs, that would have been fairer IMO, but they thought otherwise.
Pay up and do it anyway, everyone says it's a blast! I can't wait for my track time.
Congrats again on that beast--maybe they'll send you a free hat or something
Old 12-17-2010, 06:55 PM

2011 CL63 AMG
I totally understand the notion of shut up, if you can afford the car you can afford the event, but, like yourself, think they should have offered the gratis day to ALL 2011 AMG buyers. I don't quite understand the conditional nature of the offer. Except for the arbitrary (to me at least) date they've effectively set it up for all buyers anyway. Surely not that many 2011 AMG's have been delivered that it'd kill 'em to to give the day away.

I received a call this afternoon from a very pleasant woman at MB headquarters in New Jersey who reiterated (with regret) that the policy was not flexible and that I was not going to be able to take advantage of the offer. In spite of her courteous approach I can't say I felt much better or appreciated for my years of brand loyalty.

I saw the PL discount offer and may end up doing that but given my personal history with MBZ ownership since 1980 one would think some consideration might be given to not penalizing me because of my delivery date. I'm a firm believer in rule bending where appropriate and I think this is one of those times. Clearly Mercedes doesn't believe the same thing. Oh well.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by wrongcoast
Took delivery of a new CL63 AMG the day before Thanksgiving and subsequently saw that the Driving Academy offered a free day of instruction along with the purchase. There was a catch though -- delivery of the car had to be after Dec. 31, 2010. That made me ineligible. Seems a bit arbitrary. I wrote the Driving Academy an email re: my situation asking if there was any wiggle room. That was several days ago and I have yet to hear from them. Something tells me they're not gonna give a crap and I'm SOL. Kind of a crappy attitude to have toward someone who's bought 10 MBZ's since 1980 and who just dropped a pantsload of $$ on this new one. Anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to partake of this opportunity or am I being unreasonable to expect a slight bending of the policy?
I think you should try to enlist your dealer to call the local reps and sneak you in. If you have bought 10 MB's, they'll want to stay on your good side so you come back for number 11.