CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

ABC recommended rested setting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:23 PM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
ABC recommended rested setting?

Not an expert, but I've read a few messages recommending a ABC setting when at rest (garage) to prelong or extended the life of the ABC.

Some say, leave it on ABC Sport Mode, with Suspension set at the lowest height.

Some say, leave it on ABC Sport Mode, with the Suspension set at the highest height.

Anyone have a recommendation?

I have picked the first option, ABC Sport Mode, Suspension at the lowest height, possibly reducing the sustain pressure compared to full suspension height and comfort mode?

So far, I have had ZERO ABC issues at 60K miles after the car had a warranty round replacing what needed to be replaced mid-early at 35kmiles. I guess I'm lucky to be the exception regarding ABC, knock on wood.

When it gets on the road, I usually am in non- Sport Mode, Middle Suspension height. On sprited Sunday drives on fast or windy roads, I have it set to ABC Sport Mode, Full Suspension height for a stiffer configuration.

Last edited by NRL; 06-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Query and comment

Originally Posted by NRL
When it gets on the road, I usually am in non- Sport Mode, Middle Suspension height. On sprited Sunday drives on fast or windy roads, I have it set to ABC Sport Mode, Full Suspension height for a stiffer configuration.

CL55 - my OM says to drive in summer with ABC Sport optionally on and either Sport or Comfort (2nd) gear starts for the transmission. Drive with suspension in lowest position, no lights on. I am thinking about driving with transmission in C to save w an t on the box after a tip from an AMG insider.

I drive mostly in abc sport mode in summer. What I do is put one light on the suspension and drive the last rural frost heave mile to my garage. When i drive next time, I reverse the process down to zero lights essentially cycling the system. I do not do this every time.

I think driving sporty with full height defeats the purpose of abc and maybe dangerous?

My OM recommends driving the car raised with one light in C mode with abc sport off in winter.

Even though the abc lowers the car at highway speeds i do not see what theory of physics would make a raised car handle better or properly in summer conditions.

What does your OM say? I would follow that.

Only in

Last edited by grane; 06-21-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
isn't it better to have those lights off when the car is off?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:22 PM
NRL

CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
Originally Posted by grane

CL55 - my OM says to drive in summer with ABC Sport optionally on and either Sport or Comfort (2nd) gear starts for the transmission. Drive with suspension in lowest position, no lights on. I am thinking about driving with transmission in C to save w an t on the box after a tip from an AMG insider.

I drive mostly in abc sport mode in summer. What I do is put one light on the suspension and drive the last rural frost heave mile to my garage. When i drive next time, I reverse the process down to zero lights essentially cycling the system. I do not do this every time.

I think driving sporty with full height defeats the purpose of abc and maybe dangerous?

My OM recommends driving the car raised with one light in C mode with abc sport off in winter.

Even though the abc lowers the car at highway speeds i do not see what theory of physics would make a raised car handle better or properly in summer conditions.

What does your OM say? I would follow that.

Only in

Sorry to ya..

But what I'm after is the recommended ABC mode and Suspension mode when parked/resting in the garage for 3-4 days or longer.. weeks, months.

ABC Sport Mode off with Suspension (no light) low? Or does it even matter?
Old 06-21-2011, 03:17 PM

11' E220 CDI
I actually think I read somewhere on this forum that it was recommended to set the highest ABC setting when storing/not using the car for 3 days or more..
Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005CL65 NOS injected Escalade
2005 cl65 95k miles. zero repairs on ABC!!!!!

I leave it on ABC sport all the time.

Car has ORIGINAL PUMP AND STRUTS AND NEVER HAD ABC WORK DONE!!!!!!