CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

w216 CL65 and its rarity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Originally Posted by 65number1

TOPend You had nothing to say when I mentioned I need no girl or woman to validate my vehicle.....
I AGREED YOU DONT... What is obviously clear is that you need a commissioned valet attendant to validate YOU!! Your life, your ego! I could care less about this thread being ruined, because I dont need a forum to validate ME! However, you have proven yourself to be very insecure, no pics, no cars.. You dream about the GT cars that you have mentioned even the w215 cl65.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
damn OP so much for inquiring on the cl550 ...
i agree with Saints .. pics or this thread is worthless ..
Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

2005CL65 NOS injected Escalade
pics are coming today--calm down kiddies

AMG-- IT IS ALSO stated in the most recent AUTOMOBILE magazine and R&T that the chassis cant handle the biturbo motor....i know strange but true

TOPend--- no insecurities and no I do not get validation from parking attendants and valet..lmao....it was a stated comment on the overall look of my Escalade by comparison to an average one...as some members here claim that it is a common and not so cool vehicle...I only applied the comments that have been told to me.... just like if someone says "i love your E55...it is a badass car" yet another guy says "your car is an old E body style and is a worthless old mercedes" like some people here tend to say when they dont even own a AMG..I clearly was defending my vehicle...or should i of just said "yeah all you ******** are right..it is an ugly horrible looking SUV...thanks for truly letting me know this" ??

oh lord.....
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,064 Likes on 853 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by _AMG_
I'm pretty sure AMG was thinking that a Biturbo in a small car like the C63 coupe would be a little too insane in terms of power (Why do you think AMG de-tunes the M156 engine for the C class), The chassis in the C63 would hold up just fine, if anything it would be the transmission you should be worried about which isn't the case.
It's a marketing issue. They don't want the E class buyers to think they are on even footing with a less expensive C class. MB did the same thing on the engine rating with the E55 vs SL55.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Here is my $0.02 on this topic TopEndS62; if you are tired of your E55 and want to try something new, I would understand. In my personal opinion, if you are daily driving the car, stick to the E55 and then buy a CL65 as a toy. That way you won't worry as much. Or sell the E55, get a cheaper daily (small SUV) and then buy the CL65 as a toy again.

That's what I did. I already have a 670rwhp Supra but have always lusted over the CL's ever since they came out. I finally had the chance to own the CL65 and I did. I won't drive more than 5000 miles per year in it. My supra averages 2500 miles but I drive a Infiniti QX56 as my daily. That's why the "supposed" reliability doesn't really scare me for either car; the supra or the CL.

R.K.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos

Oliverk- please your dad owns SL55? Ok? U have driven a ton of 65's? But no ownership...And u beat up on the reliability because u hear they are not?....ok u r the go to guy on these cars.... Yeah true u will never really use the hp... But your 500 and my 65 are not too far off on gas mileage so why not have the S65? Why not own a better version of the car u have now? U simply cannot afford it or u are not a fan of AMG...

We can keep calling each other on bull**** .... Or just call it like it is...bull****

Btw a real sportscar? God please tell me u are not referring to a 996? Because if u are... U are beyond a doubt better off in a CL65 u like to not admire as a performance car.... A 996 to me is a hopped up VW.... A 997 is a whole different car... IMO A GTR is the best of them all..... But again I could care less ... I prefer to own my car over them all.... I am a fan of comfort nowadays... I don't see a slalom course on the street when I leave to go driving...
Yes, my dad owns an sl55. I drive it whenever I want. I drove many 65s when my mother was looking to purchase. I have plenty of experience with AMGs. My stories about cl/s65 reliability are anecdotal, just like yours. But if you read any CL forum, especially the 215, you see endless stories about ABC problems, electrical, etc.

ahahah, your 65 gets the same gas mileage as a 500? Are you drunk or just retarded?

No, I'm not a big fan of AMG. Btw, I'd go easy on telling people they can't afford $35-$40k vehicles. This ain't a hyundai forum guy.

Now, for a guy who peddled used cars, you sure don't know much about Porsches.

One, a 96 turbo is a 993, the last of the air cooled models and arguably one of the most desireable porsches produced in the past 20 years.

A 996 has nearly nothing to do with volkswagen. The older cars do, and yet the are magnificent sports cars, unlike the CL. As to the GTR, if you like driving a playstation, its great, but I like cars lighter with manual transmissions and some feel.

Do you realize that you look dumber and dumber after each post?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Duke04Matt

I agree with your observation that CLs (215 or 216) are a rare sight in SE Florida ... but an Escalade is a status symbol? Absurd, especially in this area. It is the SUV of choice for every douche and vacuous housewife in the area. I see 10+ Escalades every time I'm at the gym or grocery store and I'd be willing to bet that 9 out of every 10 are driven by $30k millionaires.
It does not matter that you are in S. Florida. The problem is nationwide.

There is a direction relation between Escalades, escapades, collagen, implants, and hair extensions.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
Ignorance

I do not appreciate your déclassé slurs against gays and women especially since you overstayed your student visa. ICE is looking for you!

ATTENTION----- Kind of funny but I truly think u r a gay Benz owner

TOPEND62-- I know u can read right? YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY!!! I mentioned and clearly stated that those comments were told to me by the front host and valet guys....WHEN I go back to pick up my Escalade....I am in the club...WTF would I know what is happening outside by my Escalade??? Oh my oh lord.....
LMAO ....and ...look my man ...I DO NOT go there looking for girls...u obviously do.....which is cool....a lot of hott girls go to sothinks best clubs here in s Florida thinks of my Escalade or CL65 or what I drive....it's my life not theirs.........and I care less what my girlfriend thinks as well...... I pay for them not her!!

I truly love coming back and seeing what some of you guys post...
A few of you are very cool and without a doubt worthy of everything u have in life. But then there are "The other Guys". IE Oliverk or little olive *****... Olive boo boo head!!!!

You know Oliverk I hope u get bitten by a Hello Kitty!!!! U previously crack deprived and obviously molested MUTINY of a worthless dime bag selling sexual predator!!! U know I love u right?? Lol

Zlattan- I did pull a 0-60 In less then 4 seconds on a few runs..... 125 hp wet shot plus the 450hp it has after the tune And AWD makes it easy as Oliverk jerking his little buddy to his exhaust sound of his awesome G Money pimping S500!!!!! lmao

AMG-- Yes I have gotten 21 mpg cruising on the highway as again I stated before not an average of 21 mpg....that is not possible

Goodnight ladies. See u soon.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

pics of my cars ...haters..;p

3 of the baddest vehicles on the planet..lol

2 of the rarest that is....

take a look at the condition of my horrible ragged out CL65 WITH a horrendous 96k miles...omg... yeah right ....MY DAMN car is better then most 20k mile cars i see......IT'S A MERCEDES!! Not a chevy..lol
Attached Thumbnails w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2890.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2891.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2892.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2901.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2896.jpg  

w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2900.jpg  

Last edited by 65number1; 07-12-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Banned

more pics

pics of my GNX..CL65 and 600 hp Escalade
Attached Thumbnails w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2902.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2893.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2904.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2907.jpg   w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2908.jpg  

w216 CL65 and its rarity-cimg2917.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
^^^
Nice collection!!! That CL is kept pretty clean considering the mileage.
I used to have a 07' Escalade also, that thing had grunt for a heavy SUV.
Some pics..

Last edited by _AMG_; 07-12-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Banned

Absolutely love your escalade

You have the 4-6 drop ..... That is where I was going to go with mine... How was the ride with it? And how much was the brakes?

THANK YOU...YES my CL65 is in excellent condition....Some foolish people hear HIGH miles and expect a piece of crap...when u have owned as many cars i have....miles are a number......after all these are Mercedes's and not chevrolets.....100k on a BENZ is 20k on a Cadillac....proof is in the cost of the car )))......Smart people see that...ignorant people live by a fake book of fake facts related to cars....I also KEPT my highest mile CL65 because I just felt like it was the one to keep..... it actually still smells new inside the car...no bull****...I have had people comment on it...the leather on these cars are IMO a world away from the BENTLEY GT leather...I have had 3 GT's and all had cracking leather and interior issues with low low miles ......

And my 65 doesn't leak a drop of oil and for every 4000 miles I change the oil I use 1 quart ...which is damn good considering they do burn oil and I have had 63's causing me a quart of oil every 1000 miles......I want to put 200k miles on my 65 and it will be still running stock low 11's and look like new...I HAVE actually owned 4 Grand Nationals with over 200k miles and unopened motors running mid 11's ....so I KNOW THIS CL65 IS CAPABLE in a 100 years by comparison to my 1987 Buicks.....

Thanks for the compliments---

Last edited by 65number1; 07-12-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
You have the 4-6 drop ..... That is where I was going to go with mine... How was the ride with it? And how much was the brakes?

THANK YOU...YES my CL65 is in excellent condition....Some foolish people hear HIGH miles and expect a piece of crap...when u have owned as many cars i have....miles are a number......after all these are Mercedes's and not chevrolets.....100k on a BENZ is 20k on a Cadillac....proof is in the cost of the car )))......Smart people see that...ignorant people live by a fake book of fake facts related to cars....I also KEPT my highest mile CL65 because I just felt like it was the one to keep..... it actually still smells new inside the car...no bull****...I have had people comment on it...the leather on these cars are IMO a world away from the BENTLEY GT leather...I have had 3 GT's and all had cracking leather and interior issues with low low miles ......

And my 65 doesn't leak a drop of oil and for every 4000 miles I change the oil I use 1 quart ...which is damn good considering they do burn oil and I have had 63's causing me a quart of oil every 1000 miles......I want to put 200k miles on my 65 and it will be still running stock low 11's and look like new...I HAVE actually owned 4 Grand Nationals with over 200k miles and unopened motors running mid 11's ....so I KNOW THIS CL65 IS CAPABLE in a 100 years by comparison to my 1987 Buicks.....

Thanks for the compliments---
Thanks!!
The ride was harsh, especially with 26's. I got a killer deal from Rotora since they were looking for a car to sponsor but they originally retail for about 8k.
You are correct about the 63's drinking oil, I get the "check engine oil at next refueling" message at least once every 2 months, probably due to driving too hard.

That CL is definitely a keeper!!

Last edited by _AMG_; 07-12-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
take a look at the condition of my horrible ragged out CL65 WITH a horrendous 96k miles...omg... yeah right ....MY DAMN car is better then most 20k mile cars i see......IT'S A MERCEDES!! Not a chevy..lol
I like your CL65 and I am glad you maintain it so well. I do not like the wheels but that is a matter of taste. Obviously the custom megabuck builders of Europe prefer the TT AMG v12 to other choices when choosing an engine. Last I noticed Jeremy Clarkson drives an SL65 as a matter of course.

Since i do not have cellulite as an alternative fuel, I prefer my 106k mile G500 hybrid to an Escalade but I drive it in Manhattan as well as backwoods Maine. It gets more respect from the bipeds in the Apple than the logging trucks in the North Woods!

I think you are very funny!

Last edited by grane; 07-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:09 AM

S550 sport, CL550 sport, CL63 Designo
Originally Posted by grane
I like your CL65 and I am glad you maintain it so well. I do not like the wheels but that is a matter of taste. Obviously the custom megabuck builders of Europe prefer the TT AMG v12 to other choices when choosing an engine. Last I noticed Jeremy Clarkson drives an SL65 as a matter of course.

Since i do not have cellulite as an alternative fuel, I prefer my 106k mile G500 hybrid to an Escalade but I drive it in Manhattan as well as backwoods Maine. It gets more respect from the bipeds in the Apple than the logging trucks in the North Woods!

I think you are very funny!
He owns a sl55
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.

You posted your pics... and trust me no hate intended.... I understand why your so confident about your cars in Florida (as I am there 2 weekends a month) and there really is no serious competition out there. However in NYC, Your cars would not stand out, or have that "WOW" factor that your get in Florida... I was expecting more "WOW" the way you were speaking... But at the end of the day .....personally.... Nice cars and House.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Absent- I was referring to the type of wheels fool... Lol. They are called "Slides". 24" in size--- a yorkie? Nice ..for your purse and the mall? Or just for a nice toy to keep around the house to impress the thieves when they walk in with the "Paris Hilton" fear it will emulate? I own a Pitbull. Gorgeous dog. And a man's dog..... Btw 2011 S63? why? You could of bought a 2007-2008 S65 for thousands less then the lease on that ..a very quickly depreciating 63 oil burner.... But wait there is more!!! You didn't buy the 65 because of the perception of giving your friends or whoever that you are a man?? Who bought a more powerful better car in the end. Damn even a S600. But a 63?? Sorry again I owned one and I just didn't see the point. A E63 maybe but if u are spending the money above $75k then a V12 would and should be the only option on a S class. Now a S550 is suffice if you are looking to be under $50kSher judge- No just a fan of the cars. Any 65 actually and yes I have owned a lot ....great cars. IMO the perfect Perfomance luxury cars on the planet...
And yeah at 95k miles my car as well as most of these V12's are at a fraction of their life.....
Once again you assume things that aren't true. Absent bought a 2011 S63...which has the all new biturbo 5.5L V8. So really, you have no experience with that engine and your criticisms of the 6.2L V8 just don't apply at all to the new one.

Here are the performance figures for both S65 and S63 (same magazine):

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...622d515fe6.pdf

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...00f0d91db2.pdf

You will see that the new S63 stays with the S65 all the way up to 150mph...where the S63 beats it. That is because of better gearing from the 7 speed transmission...as opposed to the S65's antiquated 5 speed.

You should be the last person criticizing someone for their car purchases. Did you ever think for a second that maybe someone doesn't want someone's leftovers? I like to buy used cars too...let someone pay for the huge depreciation up front. However, that doesn't mean that someone else's priorities are "wrong". We all have different value systems. You seem to have a problem recognizing that simple fact because you only think your decisions are the right one for everybody else.

Tom
Old 07-13-2011, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by BlownV8
You can tell retardedmunk's posts from a mile a way....even under a different screen name. His posts about the reliability of the ABC and 65's is unusually opptimistic yet totally unrealistic.
Spot on! Dousche used cars salesman! Nice try retardedmonk! We look forward to your slimey used car posts in the FS section and then we look forward to you getting ! I see you dumped your crapy CLS55 P30 with mismatched tires!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned

Really takes one to know one---except you are another TOOL like the rest

You seem to get me confused with another member...but hey it's ok...I am sure that member who supposedly owned a 030 car with mismatched tires?... is by far finished with the forum because of morons like you who bash a CLS55 030...or maybe he tried selling a car here not using your methods of inferior pushing of a automobile sale by hiding your actual job as a car salesman....reading 5 of your posts....reels you in without a moment of clarification as a car salesman PERIOD???But selling cars is not a bad job...but bashing others who maybe sell cars and who own the very cars you try to AUCTION to the members is just stupid.... The very same AMG's we joined this site for....yes another "I bash the cars for which I am on this very site enjoying talking about"....I do not bash any 65's or any 030 car.... Only a fool who has no common sense will talk bad about those cars... Its like the Chevy guys and Ford guys... Dumb rednecks....who beat up on the other brand ...you are the dumb redneck who beats up on your brand .... emoving why are you even talking on this thread? You like a good argument? Go watch TV ......

Emoving is that you man?? LMAO!!!!!!!....Yeah the auction guru who finds cars for fellow members just at the nick of time right before the car is auctioned?? Yeah its you the REAL CAR SALESMAN--- I keep Almost everything I buy and put the titles in my personal name.... Do I have a dealer license ? Yeah sure do... do I make money selling cars? Nope...wish I did...seems like a lucrative business nowadays... One I wouldn't make fun of....I know a few great car salesman...infact a very very close family friend Herb Chambers...sold his Copy company and invested the money in a dealership a long while back...SMART guy...HE IS NOW WORTH 1.5 billion dollars....he sells cars through his many many dealerships he owns....but like you and a few here have mentioned..."CAR SALESMAN".... watch out!!! Yep look in the mirror buddy you are your own worst enemy then.....
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

TMC AND TOPEND

Tx TOPend for the compliments...I really have to say this though ...no pun intended...here is south Florida are a ton of desirable cars...seems like a Bentley on every corner and a Mercedes is like a Toyota... Everyone has one... On a given night the Hardrock right in front usually has a Million dollars in cars parked in front...I go there a lot....My Escalade would blend in and wouldn't be much of a topic of conversation there ...my CL65 would maybe get a look or two...

I have been to NYC many times...I would never own a car there...but seriously I swear outside of cabs and limos...I rarely see any kind of cool car in the city....I am not being sarcastic ....but honestly it is the worst place to own a car ...lousy roads and snow ...and parking is a Greek Tragedy.... But now just outside of the city then I see maybe more cool cars to be accounted for....on the island I know of many car gurus...Billy Joel being one....and of course a ton of custom car shops... So there is a lot of competition here ....but a CL65 is a rare car and the few car shows i go to monthly....not one AMG is usually there...and a 65 is like a Lambo showing up...they think u are baller and the other show attendants never know how fast a AMG really is... Funny thing is they own ISF's and Camaro SS's and Mustangs galore...they are very shocked when I tell them I paid less then $40k for my car and it is the most powerful car built .....they are in shock...questions come from all angles...I attend one show here twice a month.... About 200-300 cars show up...hugeeeee show... I love bringing my CL65 just because of the priceless stares i get in terms of what the car costs and is capable of....My GNX is worth more then my CL65 but again based on the collector stand point...and I really don't take it there that much....a car like that is expected at a car show...not a exotic CL65 I guess

TMC I was just referring to the price point of the two cars...A am a huge fan of the value of the used AMG's.....and $70k more just isn't a wise investment ....but on a lease and over time the biturbo is probably $2000-3000 more a month then a S65 buy....no such thing as a leftover ...all cars get seat time by someone ..a mechanic ...a valet guy...so I really consider all cars to be used unless u buy it and wrap it up in a bubble....

Last edited by 65number1; 07-13-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by zelement
He owns a sl55
Sorry, I mis heard Clarkson, but based on my ownership and having driven in the UK over many years, I cannot disagree with his choice even though his income is several decimal points higher than mine!

I drove my first Gwagen and Aston Martin in the UK and really appreciated both. Also drove a Renault that was a piece of sod.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yep, after your above post it is deffintly that tool bag retardedmunk! LOL, you got me figured out! That is my profession a car salesman! What an idiot!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by TopEndS62
You posted your pics... and trust me no hate intended.... I understand why your so confident about your cars in Florida (as I am there 2 weekends a month) and there really is no serious competition out there. However in NYC, Your cars would not stand out, or have that "WOW" factor that your get in Florida... I was expecting more "WOW" the way you were speaking... But at the end of the day .....personally.... Nice cars and House.
This thread is turning into "whack a mole!"

No offense but Tampa, S. Florida and Brooklyn are not exactly the nexi of good taste or WOW.

Nice house. Is that Brooklyn or Tampa? Any garage?

Last edited by grane; 07-13-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned

Lol Grane

Emoving lives in his Porcheaaaa. I figured it out by the pic too......

Emoving is a funny guy. Hey can u find me a E55 the day before auction? Please I want to get a great deal.... Since I am hopeless in this AMG market ...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Emoving lives in his Porcheaaaa. I figured it out by the pic too......

Emoving is a funny guy. Hey can u find me a E55 the day before auction? Please I want to get a great deal.... Since I am hopeless in this AMG market ...
I see why you would need help after that POS CLS you tried to pawn off on people here! LOL, try a new profession you may succeed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: w216 CL65 and its rarity