CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

weird problem with accelerator response and idle please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
weird problem with accelerator response and idle please help

CL55

Got the Accelerator code again last month. Second time replacing the stupid accelerator pedal as I replaced it last year. They are not cheap at $275 a piece. Did the TB reset and Transmission reset. Drove fine for a bit but now it's acting up.

Idles around 1000 RPM, then bounces around from 1000 to 3000 RPMs

I put it in drive and still idling around 1000. Lightest touch to the pedal the car automatically starts accelerating.

No codes. It drives perfect under wide open throttle at all times.

Really annoying. It's so LOUD while idling at a stop light and the damn thing just doesn't want to go under 1000 RPMS

Thoughts?

Last edited by benz_addict; 09-14-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modded CL65
Check your codes in the ME "engine computer" sounds to me as if the throttle body is acting up. First though ive seen this before from some one not putting the airbox on correctly it sucks in part of the seal that goes on the airbox to the throttle body and holding it slightly open. No check engine light?? So first thing I can offer you as a suggestion is pull the airbox off and look at the throttle body and make sure that isn't your issue.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Malones Perf.
Check your codes in the ME "engine computer" sounds to me as if the throttle body is acting up. First though ive seen this before from some one not putting the airbox on correctly it sucks in part of the seal that goes on the airbox to the throttle body and holding it slightly open. No check engine light?? So first thing I can offer you as a suggestion is pull the airbox off and look at the throttle body and make sure that isn't your issue.
this. you are sucking fake air from somewhere most likely.

no codes? i would also clean the tb plate and check for the obvious problems there. if that does not work i would suspect your tb step motor...
Old 09-15-2011, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Originally Posted by Malones Perf.
Originally Posted by alx
this. you are sucking fake air from somewhere most likely.

no codes? i would also clean the tb plate and check for the obvious problems there. if that does not work i would suspect your tb step motor...
Didn't think of that excellent suggestions guys, thank you.

I will swap TB's, reset everything and try it again. I will also view if there are any codes via star in ME