CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Multicontour seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55 AMG
Multicontour seats

Anyone have the facts on fixing MC seat 2003 CL55. Have tried the obvious. resetting PSE buy disconnecting battery. Everything else it control works, Doors, trunk
Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
What is the precise problem?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55 AMG
The only thing I felt was the lower lumbar inflating. I hear air rushing on the top and clicking sounds. Pluse does not work red light comes on then it will shut off. I removed the back very easy, I found the center clear color tube disconnected from a black T connection on both left and right after cleaning out T connector I fitted the air tubes back in. Tried it again without the back on. I could see the lower lumbar inflating but once I release the button it deflates. Any idea it my Saturday project
Old 10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
There could be many things wrong. Do you have sds? It will greatly help you with pinpointing what does not work.

First reset the Pump fuse (20amp) and verify what does not work. You will have a few ( 3-5) windows of opportunity before the pump will disable each air circuit once you activate it.

It is usually one of 3 things- either your bag is losing air, or a line is cracked or the pump valves are not holding pressure/ vacuum.

A more advanced problem might be the limit switches throughout tue seat. There are a few of them throughout he seat and without sds you will not be able to troubleshoot them. As a matter of fact sds will tell you if they are stuck.

Good luck and let us know.

Last edited by alx; 10-22-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
I had my side bolsters go out so opened the back of the seat and one of the vacuum lines popped out, so i put it back on and zip-tied it and that fixed it, if NONE of your pneumatic bolsters are working then it might be a bigger problem but i would open the seat back first and check, it only takes 2 screws and about 15 minutes
Old 11-02-2011, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
How do you open the back of the seat? I couldn't find the screw. On the E class it was right underneath, but I didn't see it on the CL. I think this is my issue, too, because the bolsters loose pressure over time.

Also, I originally tried duct taping the hoses. Bad idea. Zip tie is definitely the way to go.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
In my CL55 there is a cloth piece that has 2 stretch straps that go under the seat and attach at the front of the seat, if you unattached these and lift up that piece of cloth you will see 2 screws under the bottom of the seat back, once you unscrew these you can slide the seat back up and out

And yeah, i wouldn't recommend tape OR epoxy, buy a pack of the mini zip-ties from home depot, they work perfectly

Originally Posted by saintz
How do you open the back of the seat? I couldn't find the screw. On the E class it was right underneath, but I didn't see it on the CL. I think this is my issue, too, because the bolsters loose pressure over time.

Also, I originally tried duct taping the hoses. Bad idea. Zip tie is definitely the way to go.